Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,916   Online: 978

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Why would you do that?
    I sometimes hold my C330s sideways to focus in low light with the split rangefinder focusing screen when the subject has no visible vertical lines. As I don't always put the camera back to upright position before shooting, there are a few "landscape" pictures in my negatives :o

Cheers,

Sebastien

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I often run a C330 sideways on a tripod when doing landscape work with the waist level finder. This configuration enables me to set the camera very high (about 1.8 metres) and still see the ground glass. A high camera position is one of the best ways of overcoming messy foregrounds that always challenge depth of field limits.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had the Rolf-Dieter Baier 45deg non metered prism on my C330S for years, the screws in the base are adjustable, the prism is bright and clear, ez to focus, easy on the eyes, I wouldn't use anything else, it kind of looks like an accessory Mamiya came up with for this camera.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I often run a C330 sideways on a tripod when doing landscape work with the waist level finder. This configuration enables me to set the camera very high (about 1.8 metres) and still see the ground glass. A high camera position is one of the best ways of overcoming messy foregrounds that always challenge depth of field limits.
    What a great idea! While my particular style of landscape usually has some foreground object of interest, the longer I live here in Texas and the more I travel west, the more I have been trying to get that "western vista" look to some shots. I will definitely be trying this one!

I have also been working on a project to make an adapter for the cXXX series that lets me put 35mm film in it and keeps it aligned correctly. But unlike some that I have seen, I want film exposed the full 6cm, not masked back to a 35mm frame size. I have some wooden spools that I have been using to make a holder for the 35mm can and I purchased several masks from other cameras that I will try to modify to use as a film guide - - this is a long term project... years in the making! The significance of raising this? I want to use it for long landscapes on the 35mm film and I will have to use the TLR sideways to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Matt, I'm sure you're on to something. Now, why didn't that occur to me in a thread about 6x6 TLR's? Doh! :rolleyes:
    You laugh... but I am amazed sometimes when I develop a roll from my Z-I Nettar or some other 6x6 folder... Duh! What was I thinking turning the camera?

I don't turn my TLRs very often though. *L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The fact of the matter is that I have recently started turning first my Kowa Six and now the Mamiya RB that has replaced the Kowa sideways from front to back (vertically) to shoot straight up at ceilings. Only on a tripod, mind you. A waist-level is perfect for this, too. I was just stumped at turning a 6x6 sideways for a horizontal shot and wasn't thinking about other formats. Mea Culpa.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...22&ppuser=1467
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin