Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 740

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mamiya waist level finder - does anyone recognise this?

My father asked me to look for a replacement waist level finder for his Mamiya C33 as the springs are worn out in the one he has. I bought this from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1887&rd=1&rd=1

It was described as a waist level finder for Mamiya TLR cameras but is different to that fitted to the C33 and obviously will not fit. (I should have looked first!).

Does anyone recognise this as being from any other camera?

I don't want to get too heavy with the seller and post negative feedback as that is counterproductive. I have bought several other items from him in the past with no problems.

It would be useful though if I could find out exactly what this item fits before I ask him to take it back.

He has another identical one listed for sale so it would be helpful for him if he needs to change the description.

Thanks,

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 01-18-2007 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe if you measure it the format might become apparent. No writing at all? Looks alot like one of my Kievs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is not for any of the Mamiya 645 camers, but that's about all I can say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like it could be a Mamiya TLR finder, but who knows which model. My old C2 and C3 finders are not interchangeable with each other. There always seems to be a minor difference in size somewhere to keep them from fitting just right on another model.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not a Mamiya C series finder. It does look lke a square format, so it might be from a Mamiyaflex A or B which did not have interchangable finders.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree... I have a c2 and a c3 finder (and a c330 and a c220, as well) and it is not any of them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    My father asked me to look for a replacement waist level finder for his Mamiya C33 as the springs are worn out in the one he has. I bought this from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1887&rd=1&rd=1

It was described as a waist level finder for Mamiya TLR cameras but is different to that fitted to the C33 and obviously will not fit. (I should have looked first!).

Does anyone recognise this as being from any other camera?

I don't want to get too heavy with the seller and post negative feedback as that is counterproductive. I have bought several other items from him in the past with no problems.

It would be useful though if I could find out exactly what this item fits before I ask him to take it back.

He has another identical one listed for sale so it would be helpful for him if he needs to change the description.

Thanks,

Steve.
    It is for a Kiev 60 /6c camera, won't fit a mamiya. I am holding one in my hand. The cameras look like a pentax 67 only in 6X6 or sometimes 6X4.5 I have about 8 of them... nice shooters when all is working right but heavy as a T34 (and built about the same way)... Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drat, you beat me to it (and after spending half an hour staring at medium-format finders). On the other hand, I can now tell a Kowa66 waist-level from a Graflex Norita.

Sorry that doesn't help your problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo141 View Post
    It is for a Kiev 60 /6c camera, won't fit a mamiya. I am holding one in my hand.
    Thanks for that. I can send it back now with evidence that it is not for a Mamiya. I found another one for sale, correctly listed, on ebay US so I have included a link to that in my e-mail back to the seller.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin