Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,521   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 808

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hasselblad focusing screen confusion

Hi all,

Even though I've recently acquired Wildi's manual (to be able to enjoy my Hasselblad even reading on the sofa ), I still can't figure out which focusing screen to get for my 500C. It currently has the old glass screen, but I'd like something brighter - I'd like to get one now and have it installed during the soon-to-come CLA. I now wonder what the difference between the Acute Matte and the Acute Matte D is and the Beattie screens and whatever I might not even have discovered yet. Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding viewfinders with inbuilt metering? I'm not sure I want one of these, but I'd like to get something that's compatible. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't confuse yourself for no reason. Wildi's book contains many production versions of Hasselblad equipment, some discontinued and some replaced with better designs. Get the latest in-production Acute Matte screen and you will be all set. You will find that is way brighter than your old screen. There are no incompatible screens with any equipment combination.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a number 5 Brightscreen brand screen installed in my C when in was in for a CLA, what a diiference it made.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Get the newer Acute Matte D. If you get a metered prism, it can be adjusted for the screen.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Minolta made Acute Matte D`s are great!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot, guys! Seems like it's hard to go wrong with the D version.

Antje

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin