Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,010   Online: 784

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Minolta MD to Mamiya Sekor C mount adapter

I am getting my Mamiya M645J up and running little by little. I also have a full armament of Minolta sr/x equipment. Until I can afford some Sekor C lenses, has anybody eer heard of an adapter that would allow me to use my Minolta MD mount lenses on my Mamiya? I realize there may be some negative coverage issues with some of the lenses, but it may give me one or two more options in the mean time. I want to do more than my 80mm and 150mm Sekors can allow. Any ideas, links, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not possible due to register issues. None of them will be able to focus at usable distances.

You can go the other way though

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And even if it could be done, the image circle projected by the Minolta lenses probably wouldn't be large enough to cover 6x4.5. I know you mention coverage, but it probably would be very unsatisfying as you might need to severely crop your photos.

You could run some tests and then mask the viewfinder.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thought so, but one can hope, even if errantly. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flash19901 View Post
    Thought so, but one can hope, even if errantly. Thank you.
    Hmm. Why do you rely on hope? Can't you think and search for information to think about?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin