Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,139   Online: 984

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My brother-in-law has an RB67, and comparing it with P67II, it's not that much larger nor heavier/lighter. It's just differently shaped. I like holding the RB67 with the WLF, while the P67 is designed to be held at the face (although both have provisions to be held vice-versa).

As for the sharpness of the lenses, I have compared BIL's negatives shot with a normal (I think it's a 105mm or so) lens, and my P67 135mm and 55mm. Neither is visibly better, there might be some slight differences, but nothing obvious.

I have no experience with GS-1, but at one time I was considering buying it too (because of the removable back, lighter weight) to shoot people/weddings/portraits. I almost bought it. But than I decided I shoot landscapes more and bought MPP MicroTechnical 4x5 instead...
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    k, love to hear some more here,
    I noticed some say, the bronica is lighter so if you wnat to do quicker documentary like stuff, use that one, else Use the mamiya.
    I understand the smaller size is handy when you shoot fast and docu, and stuff, but why the "else use mamiya", what is it that mamiya has in favour of the bronica? all I can think of is the rotating back...
    Kind regards Game

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mamiya.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Mamiya weighs a good 10 lbs or more depending on the lens you're using.
    Between each shot you need to both recock the shutter and advance the film, in separate motions.
    It does have bellows focusing, so you can focus at a couple inches with any of your lenses.
    I've never found myself recommending the GS-1 to anyone before, simply because the RB67 is such a wonderful camera, but then again, most people that I talk to that want the 6x7 wont be handholding it and will have it on a heavy duty tripod most of the time.
    The SQ series is what I'd really recommend for what you want, but it seems you're really stuck on that 6x7 and not the square.
    If you're going to be handholding, I can only say you'd be better off with the Bronica.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBBo View Post
    The Mamiya weighs a good 10 lbs or more depending on the lens you're using.
    My RB67 with my largest lens (180mm C), film back and metered prism weighs in at ~7 lbs. With the WLF instead of the metered prism, ~5.5 lbs.

As far as cocking the shutter and advancing the film in seperate motions, that is true, but it didn't take long before it just became second nature to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just the weight and a big issue, the pentax is around 6 db too, with the grip detached... I think a grip would really help the handhold performence...
    I also saw a double cable release.... does that simplify the action or something?
    To bbe more clear: I am a tripod photographer, I only want to handheld whenever I want, and I want to use flash.
    I think I should go mayima....
    Can anyone tell me wether the fosussingglass is as clear as the foccusing glass on the pentax 67?

Thanks everyone, kind regards Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a grip for the Mamiya RB/RZ. Not cheap. I've seen people hand holding it. Lets be honest they weren't using the bigger longer lenses. The 110mm on the RZ is shorter and lighter then the 180mm. I assume the same thing happens with the RB normal lenses [90mm and 127mm?] versus the longer lenses. The RZ with a normal lens isn't light but it's reasonable to hand hold. Just don't plan on doing it for hours on end unless you look like the terminator.

I think the double cable release is for mirror lockup.

I'd suggest downloading the RB manual and giving it a read.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi there,
    that's a good suggestion! that I did not do that yet....
    I think you're right on the mirror lockup... But hey, doesn't hasselblad requires that same recock and wind action? thanks for helpnig me on this decision! game

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game View Post
    ...Can anyone tell me wether the fosussingglass is as clear as the foccusing glass on the pentax 67?...
    The ground glass on my in-law's RB67 is comparable in brightness and clearness as on my P67II. Working with both of them is very pleasant.

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game View Post
    hi there,
    that's a good suggestion! that I did not do that yet....
    I think you're right on the mirror lockup... But hey, doesn't hasselblad requires that same recock and wind action? thanks for helpnig me on this decision! game
    The Hasselblad, much like the Bronica, winds and cocks in one motion.
    That's another thing, the Mirror lockup is a bit more complex with the RB.
    That is, assuming the MLU is the same on the GS-1 as it is on my SQ-Ai, in which case, you just flick a switch before you click the shutter.

But again, the Mamiya is an amazing camera, the best 6x7 system I've seen. And if you think you're capable of handholding it, it's probably what you want.
    Like it's been said by other people, you can get used to the separate advance/cocking mechanism and odd MLU.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin