Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,400   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Zane, have a look at http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/postcard.html (at the moment, the site is down, but I hope it's only temporary).

Essentially, you take an old folder for discontinued film, usually larger than todays. The Kodak No.3A/2A and similar are so abundant that they are not collector-items, therefore cheap. To fit a modern 120 size film, you have to either find some old spools intended for your camera and respool the film (more difficult in the long run), or create some spacers that will allow you to use the 120film straight. There are also some other minor modifications, but nothing really hard.

Do have a look at the above site, or do a search for a postcard panoramic in the panoramic cameras section.

If you have further questions, PM me, I can take some snaps of my camera and send them to you (if I find the time, I'll add a section on that modification on my site)

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Another option would be a MF rangefinder. Much lighter and quieter. I have loaned out my Koni several times in the "MF Loaner Program" and have gotten good feedback from the people who borrowed it. It is out on loan now (locally - the wife of a co-worker has it) but I expect it back pretty soon and then I will again start another "loaner" thread.

They are pretty cheap, have excellent lenses (although the coatings are such that you do need to pay attention to flare, but the lenses have built-in lens shades), and there are 4 lenses available. 60mm wide, 90mm std, 135mm portrait (expensive, if you can find one) and a 180mm tele. Your budget would get you a nice camera, three lenses & a good spot meter (plus some film & a bunch of other stuff if you buy things right).

Repair is still available thru Greg Weber
    (http://www.webercamera.com/home.html)
    Greg is a great guy & very knowledgable about these cameras. I had him do a CLA on one of mine, so I went up & took a tour of his shop. Interesting fellow, and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend him to anyone needing work done on a Koni.

Here is a link to the last go-around of loaner program I started. You are certainly welcome to get on the list next time I start one... (you can search on my name to read the other 3 times I loaned it out).

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/2...ogram-4-a.html

good luck
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Jiri - that sounds complicated but fun!!

Thanks for the info rexp, I will check out the Koni

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys for all your advice

I have just decided on a RZ67 with 50 and 110 lenses ... hopefully I will get it by the end of this week!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin