Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,134   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    People were very generous with their advice about this camera. I have posted a couple of shots from the first roll of film that I put through the camera in the Standard Gallery, since I thought that you might be interested to see what it can do.

Naturally, the photos have a definite 'period' feel. I like it very much. So different (but not necessarily worse) to the crystal clarity and sharpness of modern lenses.

I suspect a service is overdue. The camera seems to seek out flare, and I suspect that there might be a bit of a light leak. But all in all, I'm impressed with it. What fun!

I suspect also that I may have transgressed a rule: because I don't have access to a darkroom I had the film processed and scanned to a CD. The images in the gallery are therefore scanned. I am awaiting a knock on the door from the APUG police.:o

Thanks again to everyone,

Chris

Shooter
    Pinhole
    For anyone in the Midwest interested to know, Peter of Peter's Camera Repair in Grand Rapids MI is a former Rollei employee.
    Murray

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dotandcom View Post
    I have found the Rollei Club website, and if I have interpreted the information correctly the camera is a Rolleicord Ia Model 3, made sometime between 1938 and 1947.
    I'm sure that's correct (It has "Franke & Heidecke" on the shutter?). The serial number indicates that it was made before the war. My Rolleiflex Automat from 1938 has the serial number 797120.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool, your Rolleicord has the serial number 797810, and there's a Rolleiflex with 797855 on eBay (220096536299) at the moment.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Rolleicord and am just starting to use it, as well. Just get lost in the Internet and use Google and you'll find lots of stuff

I found an old Sears ad that had my version (III) advertised for $139.50 in the 1953 catalog with a Zeiss lens or $149.50 for a Schneider Xenar. (The Rolleiflex was $265.00) I think that all Rolleicords regardless of year had f/3.5 lenses, whereas the Rolleiflex had a f/2.8.

While snooping around the internet, I found the following link: http://johnsrolleionlypage.homestead...lleicords.html

It says yours is a Rolleicord 1a Type 3. 1938-1947
    Production Serial Numbers: 611.000-1.042.100

http://www.siufai.dds.nl/Rolleicord.htm - shows all Serial #'s of Rolleicords.
    Last edited by Taurus 8; 03-28-2007 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You may give http://www.rolleiclub.com a try for further information.

Ulrich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin