Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,536   Online: 1053

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya M645 - 110mm lens - Quick Focus Handle?

I am considering buying a used Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 lens for my Mamiya M645 Super. I want to put together a small two lens kit using the 55mm lens and one other, and I find the 80mm lens is too close to the 55mm.

Can anyone here advise whether they have that 110mm lens and whether the Mamiya M645 Quick Focus Handle fits that lens? It does fit my 55mm, 80mm and 150mm lenses, but doesn't fit my 70mm Leaf Shutter lens.

If you have that lens, is it an "N" model or a "C" model?

What are your general impressions of the lens?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I had it to do again (and had the money) I would rather have the 150/2.8 lens instead. The 110 is a decent lens, I just like the angle on the 150 better, and my 150 is the slower lens. Not sure if the handle fits or not, but from memory it is the same size barrel as my 80 and 55, same size filter threads too.

Now IF I really had the money, I would buy the 200/2.8 APO lens.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Greg.

I have a 150mm f/3.5 that I like, and it works fine with the quick focus handle, but I'm trying to put together a minimal kit for my second body, to be used when size and weight are critical. I think the 55mm lens may be my favorite, so I'm looking for a good, reasonably sized complement for it.

I also find the 55mm to 150mm gap to be a little too large.

As a result of my personal circumstances, the quick focus handle makes a very important difference to my ability to use my Mamiya M645 equipment handheld. The larger barrel size of the 150mm f/2.8 doesn't work with the handle.

Is it the 150mm f/3.5 you have, or is it the 150mm f/4.0? There seems to be a significant difference between the two.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll have to check when I get home, but I think it is the f4 150. I can measure my 110mm for you tonight too.

As far as personal choice goes, I would rather have the 110 than the 80, "normal" lenses never seem to do much for me. The 110 is a very compact lens, no longer than the 55, and I know that mine all take the same filter size, so the barrel is probably the same too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    I'll have to check when I get home, but I think it is the f4 150. I can measure my 110mm for you tonight too.

As far as personal choice goes, I would rather have the 110 than the 80, "normal" lenses never seem to do much for me. The 110 is a very compact lens, no longer than the 55, and I know that mine all take the same filter size, so the barrel is probably the same too.
    Greg:

It would be great if you could check your 110's barrel size.

I'm not sure that the filter size is a reliable indicator, because my 70mm f/2.8 Leaf Shutter lens also takes the 58mm filters, but the barrel is too large for the focus assist handle.

Thanks again,

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Matt,

I just did a quick check of my lenses, sighting a ruler across the edges of the focus ring, and my 55/f2.8, 80/f2.8, and 110/f2.8 all seem to have the same size. I also checked my 150/f4, and 210/f4 and they are about the same with the 210 maybe slightly larger. I did not check my 500/f5.6 so not sure if that would work. All of the above are the regular lenses, I don't have any of the leaf shutter lenses.

Also the 110 is actually shorter than the 55, only a few millimeters longer than the 80, so it would fit with the desire for a compact kit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin