Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,134   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PMFJI.

David, older 23 backs have a carrier with knob advance and a shell that doesn't have a pin roller at each side of the gate. Newer ones have a carrier with lever advance and a shell with a pin roller at each side of the gate. The newer shells, with pin rollers, are supposed to hold the film flatter than the older ones, without. Note that carriers interchange between the two types of shell, so it is possible to get a lever-wind carrier in a shell without pin rollers and a knob wind shell in a carrier with.

Also note that to accomodate the pin rollers, the new type shells' gates are about 4 mm narrower than the old type.

I have a new type 23, it has other problems but holds the film flat enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that info about the type '23' backs Dan. I'm intrigued to know what other problems you've had with this back?!

Cheers,
    Dave.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also mounted a Graflock Back onto my Busch Pressman C.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tom,

Do you have any pictures of your Busch C with the Graflok Back? How did you go about fitting it?

Cheers,
    David.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear David,

The external dimensions of modern standardized film holders for the 'baby' formats are all identical: only the internal dimensions (for holding the film) vary.

The same is true of 4x5 inch/9x12cm; of 5x7 inch/13x18cm/half-plate; and of 8x10 inch/18x24cm.

Cheers,

R. (www.rogerandfrances.com -- where you'll find pictures of film holders of different types in a free 'How Do I...?' module in the Photo School).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    Hi Tom,

Do you have any pictures of your Busch C with the Graflok Back? How did you go about fitting it?

Cheers,
    David.
    David, finding a 2.25X3.25 Graflex Back was the hard part. Fitting it to the Bush C turned out to be a pretty easy and obvious process, once I had the graflock back.

I'll take some pictures of my modified Bush C and post them in my APUG gallery.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    Busch Pressman Model C camera -
    Why not 3 1/4 x 4 1/4? I've an Extremely Rare
    Omega C enlarger which takes that size.

The enlarger is available. I'll let it go cheap.
    It does need some work. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Mamiya rb67 backs on my Century Graphic with a graflock back. Much better than the roll film backs made by graflex. Having said that, I haven't had any problems with the graflex-singer 6X7 back either.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin