Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,706   Online: 715

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

TLR Paralax correction

My Rolleicord Va has a mask in the viewfinder which moves down as I focus closer to compensate for the fact that the viewing lens is above the taking lens. My Yashicamat does not have a mask like this. Do any other TLRs have this feature?
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Rolleiflex, of course, has this.

It doesn't appear the Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex has this, however, the Proxar close-up lens sets for this camera are corrected for parallax.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Mamiya C330 has a parallax indicator in the viewfinder which indicates how the top of the image area moves down on the screen.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pschauss View Post
    My Rolleicord Va has a mask in the viewfinder which moves down as I focus closer to compensate for the fact that the viewing lens is above the taking lens. My Yashicamat does not have a mask like this. Do any other TLRs have this feature?
    I am reasonably confident that at least one design (though I forget which) tilted the whole reflex box for parallax compensation.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The Mamiya C330 has a parallax indicator in the viewfinder which indicates how the top of the image area moves down on the screen.

Matt
    There is also a very useful tripod adaptor for it that simply moves the taking lens into the exact position that the viewfinder lens occupied during composition and focusing. This allows very close focusing without parallax issues.

David.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft View Post
    There is also a very useful tripod adaptor for it that simply moves the taking lens into the exact position that the viewfinder lens occupied during composition and focusing. This allows very close focusing without parallax issues.

David.
    I think it was called a Paramender. You can of course achieve exactly the same effect, a good deal cheaper, by raising your centre column by the same amount. As far as I recall, 4 fingers at the first knuckle worked fine for me.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    I think it was called a Paramender. You can of course achieve exactly the same effect, a good deal cheaper, by raising your centre column by the same amount. As far as I recall, 4 fingers at the first knuckle worked fine for me.
    The paramender beats the "4-finger method", Roger, when the camera is tilted to any degree away from the axis of the centre column. It places the taking lens in the correct position no matter the spatial orientation of the camera.

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tmike View Post
    The paramender beats the "4-finger method", Roger, when the camera is tilted to any degree away from the axis of the centre column. It places the taking lens in the correct position no matter the spatial orientation of the camera.

Cheers.
    Absolutely true, and I stand corrected except when using a Benbo with the camera axis in line with the centre column. I was thinking of the only times I have used this technique, which is with extreme wide-angles where careful levelling is the norm.

An excellent example of how one should carefully read anyone's posts, probing for inconsistencies and unstated assumptions. Me culpa, though not necessarily maxima.

Cheers,

R.
    Last edited by Roger Hicks; 02-17-2007 at 08:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: never learned to type properly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From time to time I have seen Mamiya Paramenders with a marking at 45mm displacement. This is suitable for the Yashicas and similar TLRs with a 45mm lens axis separation. The Mamiya Cs are 50mm.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    I am reasonably confident that at least one design (though I forget which) tilted the whole reflex box for parallax compensation.

Cheers,

R.
    The 1930's Voigtlander SUPERB has this feature... I think....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin