Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,140   Online: 1145

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Prior to doing without the cash and doing with the rotary finder I thought I should seek some information. How well does it perform. Dan

I find it more or less useful than the standard groundglass. Its main advantage is the ability to rotate it 90 deg. Basically its
    going to do the same function as the standard groundglass cage. Its nice for studio work where your lighting is fixed and you want to move around for composition. It suffers badly from pincushion distortion, but you can get used to that. Of course, no light metering functions. They're not very common - if you find one used in good condition at a good price it may be worth grabbing. If you don't do verticals, there may not be much point, use the reg waist level finder.

I had one on the GS 1. Loved it. (short person here :0)) I used it a lot! You don't use the meter function in the studio anyways right? Buuut....I can't tolerate the WL finders. To slow for me...
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin