Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,445   Online: 1079

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been told the new US importer/dealer does re-coating of the lenses and replacing shutters and all that to make the Kievs actually somewhat 'nice' before actually selling them.
    I didn't look into it as I've since gotten a Bronica SQ-Ai that I'm more than happy with, but I think it's worth looking into if you're thinking of going down that path.

A friend of mine has a Kiev waist level on his 500c/m and didn't even know it.
    Can we say ghettoblad?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer the term, "Hasselblaski"...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Hassenblat" works for me. occasionally I do get a "bless you" though.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am using a WIESE PENTASIX 636 (modernized, improved KIEV 88 MF-camera) successfully for many years. Every camera, and magazines getting a special review, improved with an new, reliable cloth focal plane shutter, a bright ROLLEI screen, K-6 bayonet mount, mirror up mechanism, and an reliable guarantee. Besides my other MF cameras, I love to work with my PENTASIX 635.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wanted to buy new Kiev (improved version), but at the end I bought used Mamiya RBproS set for some smaller price than new Kiev set.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought a Salut-S just 10 days or so ago. I've only shot a couple of rolls of film with it but so far I'm very pleased with it. The lens seems good, the focusing screen isn't bad, the ergonomics of the camera are actually not bad either.

So far no real problems. The film spacing is a fraction tighter than I'd like but no actual overlapping frames -- the first two frames on the roll butt right up against each other but don't overlap.

It's not bad for hand-holding either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin