Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,583   Online: 1142

Thread: C330 Eye Piece

Shooter
    Multi Format

C330 Eye Piece

I brought two eye pieces [Mamiya only had three left] for the C330 CdS Porroflex viewer of my C330. I used rubber cement to keep it in place. The first time I used it the eye piece still kept coming off.

What can I use to secure the eye piece to the viewer?

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe automotive trim cement? I'd stick with 3M's products (no pun intended) check auto parts stores that specialize in paint and body supplies. Silicon glue comes to mind too, or perhaps a polyurethane glue like Gorilla glue as a last resort, but only very very sparingly. Polyurethane glues stick really well, but they also foam and expand while curing. Outgassing of any of these might be a worry near sensitive optical surfaces, but these probably aren't any worse than rubber cement in that regard. There's also bicycle tubular tire cement which is basically rubber cement, but on steriods.
    Last edited by bdial; 02-20-2007 at 06:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How 'bout loctite? Another option would be a dab of clear nail polish on the threads before assembly.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Epoxy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin