Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,786   Online: 1185

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any experience with NPC MF-34 4x5 adapter w/ RB67?

Dear List,

I just picked up a nice used RB67 and 37mm fisheye.
    I want to shoot the full 72mmx72mm frame and that means shooting 4x5 film, giving an almost 3" square image.

Apparently both Mamiya and NPC made adapters for the RB67 that mated a Polaroid 545i back to the camera, which would allow me to use ReadyLoads or QuickLoads.

I was curious if anyone ever had any experience with such a beast?

Thanx in advance.
    J Michael Sullivan
    Editor/Publisher, MAGNAchrom
    www.magnachrom.com

...SOMETIMES I SEE THINGS...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes I have the NPC 72x72(using 4x5 Pol sheet film), I use it almost always to proof my shots, or to use Pol55, what will disarm you at first will be that the image isn't square, it's kind of 'lopsided', where the image kind of spills over the 72mm margin in spots, other than that, it's great to use, the area is way bigger than 6x6.

Get one in mindt condition, so it fits flush/tight, some folks have driven over theirs w/a truck, then dribbled the back like a basketball, and then they sell it. You get the idea, some Mamiya stuff has been through the wars.

You get a good one, your good to go 'till the end of time'.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may want to consider making an RB67 lensboard for your 4x5 camera, not terribly hard.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    You may want to consider making an RB67 lensboard for your 4x5 camera, not terribly hard.
    Funny you should mention that -- had S.K. Grimes make me a custom adapter to mount onto a Linhof Technika board. The RB shutter cocking function now is handled using a lever which is activated from the outside. I also had them mount a 67mm female thread on the inside so I can mount filters to the back of the adapter. Works like a charm. I'll being doing a review of it some time in the future.

In the meantime, here is a shot I recently took at night using my Technikardan together with the Mamiya 37mm fisheye:

J Michael Sullivan
    Editor/Publisher, MAGNAchrom
    www.magnachrom.com

...SOMETIMES I SEE THINGS...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin