Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,248   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question regarding lens hoods for Kowa 6

I have a Kowa 6 w/ 55mm, 85 and 150mm lenses, all w/ 67mm filter mount. Can I substitute a 67mm mount lens hood from any other med format camera or aftermarket hood (provided the hood is for the same size lens) ? Or should I keep searching for used Kowa hoods ?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use an aftermarket rubber hood and it works fine. Never even seen a Kowa hood.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gphoto120 View Post
    I have a Kowa 6 w/ 55mm, 85 and 150mm lenses, all w/ 67mm filter mount.
    Thanks
    Me, too! (I also have a 250mm.) Over the years that I've accumulated all of my Kowa gear, I've come across (and bought) the real Kowa hood for all but the 55mm. For it, I have a generic "wide-angle" rubber hood. Anything that is 67mm will work, you just have to be sure that it is long or short enough, depending on the lens.

The Kowas are great. I have 2 bodies and the 4 lenses, and I was using them constantly right up until my G.A.S. exploded and I bought an RB 67.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used a Lee hood with the 67 mm adaptor. Worked beautifully right up to the point I dropped my Kowa onto a rock last summer.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's not as sexy as a real lens hood, but you might be able to find (or design) a printable lens hood here: http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/

-g.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin