Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,435   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Multi Format

35mm to 70mm adapters?

Some body on Ebay is selling an adapter to run 35mm film in 70mm Hassleblad backs.

Anybody know anything about this thing? Will it work with other 70mm backs? How does it handle the sprocket holes not being in the right spot? Anybody think it could be used for a wide view? Not normal 35 [24mmx35mm] format?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sounds like fun. I once met a photographer who had a 4x5 roll film back modified to shoot 35mm. Amazing panoramics of the NY skyline at dusk with fireworks coming up from the Hudson.

Can't say I know anything about this particular 70mm magazine adaptor. I think your questions should be directed to the seller of this device.

Better, buy it and tell us the answers to your questions.

Sorry I'm of no help.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sellers always say things work -) Worse the ad has no pictures so I'm leary.

For the 4x5 I think I could just tape the film into a 70mm can and be okay. Wonder if I should just do that with the MF camera to. Hmmm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah - but if it DOESN'T work - you can just return it and get a refund, right? The only thing lost is a wee bit of time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin