Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,156   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Stuck Bronica ETRSi lens cap!

Hello,

I just got a 150mm Bronica lens for my camera, but can't seem to remove the back lens cap. I have tried almost everything I could think of, but it seems to be stuck on there fairly well. I don't want damage the lens while removing it, but have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On mine, the rear cap is just a piece of flimsy plastic that fits loosely on the lens. I could snap it easily if I wanted to. It turns freely on the lens.

I don't see any reason why you could not just break or cut it to get it off. I always leave a lens on my camera body, so I have 1 spare back all of the time.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it a Bronica cap or a 3rd party? The Bronica cap you just twist it 1/4 turn.

I've seen a body cap that wouldn't come off but that was because the body had issues. Unless the lens is twisting when you turn the cap I can't understand why it's not working.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the input. The cap is OEM Bronica, but isn't too flimsy, actually it seems really well built. In most cases I would think this is excellent, although if I have to cut it off or something, it will be fairly difficult. The body isn't turning when I try to unscrew it, so I can't really figure out what the issue is. I'm on the phone with KEH at the moment, so hopefully they will suggest something or allow for an exchange.

Thanks,
    Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I talked to KEH, and they said perhaps the cap engaged a pin that is normally used to lock the lens into the body. So they suggested I send it back, and they may be able to do something about it and remove the cap. Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is nothing there on the cap to allow it to engage a pin. I cannot see how that can be. I'm really curious to hear how this turns out.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll let you know after I get things sorted out with them. I've never had this problem before, but hopefully things will work out well.

Regards,
    Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if who ever put it on turned the thing too much. Best thing to send it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would cause it to jam on the locking tabs for sure.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by menglert View Post
    Hello, ...can't seem to remove the back lens cap.
    Any suggestions? Thanks, Martin
    I just removed the two back lens caps from my
    two Bronica lenses. With left hand gripping the front
    I turned the back caps clockwise. No problem. Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin