Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,022   Online: 1070

Shooter
    35mm

RB67 Grip Reliability?

I recently purchased a used grip for my RB67 from KEH in EX+ condition. It is the factory grip produced by Mamiya for the RB67. My concern is that the camera feels really heavy, especially with the CDS Prism Finder attatched.

Will this grip hold up? Was it made for use with the RB while only using the waist level finder and small 90mm lens? The grip looks plastic. I am afraid it will snap in half when I least expect it. I would hate to damage my prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the similar grip for the RZ67 and have never had any concerns about it.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i also have the same grip and with my cds finder attached, i have no problems in 15 years with mine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which of the grips?

I have the grip with built in trigger, that also works with the C330 (which happens to be the camera I own). I swear that you could drive over it, and it would be your car that would most likely come out damaged.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used the grip with built in trigger for the C330 ( which is the same as the RB67 grip) for about eighteen years the longest lens I use with it is the 180mm, I also use the prism finder,and I've never had any problem with it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-10-2007 at 06:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the feedback! I was a bit worried because the grip appears to be made of plastic (it has the built in trigger and an acessory hotshoe on the handle). Maybe it has a metal structure under the plastic surface? I was just concerned that what appeared to be a plastic grip could hold up such a heavy peice of equipment. Thanks again!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've had the RB for over two years and I must say that grip is nearly indestructible!! You will have no problems with that at all. I packed the RB around like a suitcase, holding it by the grip...and felt perfectly safe in doing so. At least in 6x7, Mamiya did not make anything weak or flimsy. I've since moved on to large format, but the Mamiya and ALL its acccessories was the toughest camera system I have ever owned. Built to last.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Shooting digital is about as creative as turning on the radio......."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin