Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,483   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format

Balda Help Needed

Just got my hands on an elegant Balda Mess-Baldix 6x6 folder (uncoupled rangefinder, 2.9 Baltar lens) and I'm trying to figure out how to activate the frame counter. I have a copy of a Baldix manual, but the instructions on this feature are a bit vague. I have the camera loaded and using the ratcheting advance, got it to frame 1 in the red window, but the counter still reads "12" & the small lever that I assume sets the counter springs back to the left when I push it to the right.

Anyone have any experience with this model?

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Super Baldax and a Hapo 66 (made by Balda) and they have a similar mechanism. (1) load the film. (2) Close the back. (3) Look through the red window. (4) The winding knob should ratchet back and forth, like a wind-up watch, advancing the film as you turn clockwise, then clicking as you wind it counterclockwise. (5) When you see the "1" appear in the window, stop turning clockwise. Close the red window. (6) Between the viewfinder and the winding knob, on the back of the camera, you should see a small tab. Move it to the right and hold it there. (7) Now turn the winding knob counterclockwise as far as it will go. If you watch the frame counter, you will see it move to "1." (8) When you can wind no more counterclockwise, stop winding, and release the tab. The camera is now ready to shoot.

That should cover it. Email me if you're still lost.

Sanders McNew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brilliant!!! Worked perfectly! I was a bit nervous about cranking the knob any farther since the film was properly positioned, but that was it.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to be of help. It's actually much easier than I made it sound. :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin