Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,316   Online: 890

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Filters for Zeiss Super Ikonta

I have a Zeiss Super Ikonta 6x9 folder with the Tessar 3.8 lens. Does anyone know what filter type or size would be compatible with this camera. I shoot black and white with it and am interested in a yellow or orange and maybe a green filter. I don't see any threads on the lens, so I assume it would use some type of slip on filter. The camera is an early 1950's vintage. Any help would be appreciated.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least some Zeisses had their own filters with a bayonet-type mounting (push and twist). I have an Ercona with its own yellow filter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Get a millimeter ruler and measure the lens for a Bay adapter that pushes on. My Super Ikonta was a 6x6 and I used a bay 6 adapter that I also used on my Optar and Ektar 4x5 lenses. Depending on the adapter you get the same size filters. There wasn't a lot of meat to the front of my Ikonta lens (Jena) that the adapter could hold onto, but it did.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    37mm dia and they do slip over the front. $15.00 plus or minus. Call Jims camrea in seattle. That is where I got mine. He also has 1.5 and .7 proxars. I think he has a couple of yellows and a red that I passed on as it had a cracked ring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin