Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,062   Online: 839

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a portrait shoot two Saturdays ago. Loaded the Portra into my M645J and the windon just kept going through the roll as if I had the M/E switch activated (I didn't). Then ran a roll of TMax right behind it, no problem. I know it's not the film, but have any of you guys had an intermittent prob such as this? First time it happened. Hope it never happens again. Any advice woul;d be good. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another thought. Could it be the gearing on the film charger?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It is likely to be the film insert. I have three, and one of them feels a bit 'odd' but works fine - in each of three bodies. I would certainly mark the insert for further testing.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, I have had bad inserts and no longer using them solved my intermittent film advance problems.

Images
    I don't know anything about your problem, but that thread heading certainly sounds familiar!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fortunately, not to familiar. I love my eBay Mamiya setup.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you fit the loaded insert to the camera do you make sure you get a double click as the latches engage to lock it in place? (ie both sides)
    I think it is just about possible for one side not to latch and if it isn't pushed into place when you close the back the frame counter gears on the insert don't quite mesh with the ones inside the camera to tell the camera that its wound on enough backing to be loaded , so it just keeps going.
    I'm assuming that you meant the whole roll wound off in one go rather than didn't move through the camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, the wind on kept rolling through the whole roll. But it never occured to me to check the lock in like that so I will keep that in mind in the future for sure. Thanks.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin