Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,628   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Paul.

You're doing it right, jumping right into medium format. If anyone gives you the gears about why you're "retro-grading" to analog, remind them of the megapixel-equivalent of a 6x6 negative.

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Paul:

You are really going to have some fun with the Yashica TLR.

Sounds like you are off to a good start already. Let us hear how you're getting along.

Pat

Daventry Northamptonshire about as central as you can get.
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Just subscribed and itching to get out there.

Dear all

thanks for the very warm welcome. I have just read the history of the site and the tireless work that goes into its maintenance for that and the incredible resource it provides I have just become a subscriber

To be honest when you see what is available on this site why wouldn't you?

Well quick equipment update 3 mint Rollei B1 filters turned up today a yellow a green and a blue (lot of red hair and ruddy complexions in the wifes family! )

30 rolls of film 10 Ilford Delta 100, 10 ILford HP5 and 10 Kodak 160VC. Should keep me busy for a while.

I had a hiccup with my light meter I bought a Weston master V which appeared in great condition however while it was sitting on my desk I noticed it had a little "live" problem there where a handful of little invaders crawling around inside it! Managed to get a refund and an apology, so have decided that as I am planning a mixture of projects including landscape and indoor portraiture I have ordered a Sekonic L-358 which will give me my incident and flash readings in one.

Having a glass of wine with the good lady last night and she mentioned "I suppose you will need that three legged thing out the attic"? I had complete forgotten I had a pefectly serviceable tripod up in the attic. So thats now cleaned, lubed and ready to go.

Very heavy week in work this week unfortunately, we have a major Fire audit and our Environmental Recertification audit. So I am planning my first trip into the field on Saturday. The one thing that has really suprised me is I am now automatically looking at my surroundings for potential images and have already mentally recorded several sites I will be visiting. It's as if dormant, well if I am honest, supressed creativity has been switched back on and I am really excited.

Once again thanks for your kind comments will post my efforts real soon.

Regards
    Regards Paul

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter".

Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

New Member - Yashicamat User for Many Years

Hi Paul,

I just joined APUG yesterday and am very impresssed with the community and the fine photographs. I've started to post a few photographs in the gallery and I think some of my best were made with the Yashicamat 124. It's a great camera, easy to use, and will provide you with excellent negatives. Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi from a fellow Yashica user. ("D" with Yashinons, and an "A" with Yashikors). I use a Rolleiflex now, but I still have the Yashicas and use them occasionally. They are great cameras.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from Spain.
    Welcome to the Medium Format
    Enjoy with your new toy.
    Regards

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hello Paul,

Greetings from Southern California, home to thousands of British expats who heard that there actually is such a thing as the sun and wanted to see for themselves

I think your purchase of the Sekonic meter was a very smart thing to do. Sekonic makes great meters and you should get many years of accurate readings out of yours. I also think that going straight to medium format was a very wise move. I got myself a Mamiya 645 Pro many years ago and it still cranks out wonderfully sharp pictures.

Good luck in your image-making endeavors.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Paul,

Welcome from Hawaii. I used to own a Mat 124G, great camera. I would love to find one in mint condition.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Paul,

I'm also a newbie. I bought a RB67 with four backs (two film, and two polaroid) for a few hundred dollars. It seems like a nice camera, and so far I'm more than pleased with the resulting negs.

I've also started to develop my own b&w film. Now my bathroom smells like bathroom should.

Cheers,
    Johan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin