Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,160   Online: 730

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 shot w/220 mask

I shoot with a M7II and shot a roll of 120 with the tension plate at 220. Other than spacing problems what else have I done?

Thanks,

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All you have really done is shoot with the film closer to lens by the thickness of a piece of backing paper. If you were stopped down a bit, you should be o.k.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    All you have really done is shoot with the film closer to lens by the thickness of a piece of backing paper. If you were stopped down a bit, you should be o.k.

Steve.
    I don't think so.
    The distance from the film guide rails to the lens hasn't changed. With the pressure plate in the 120 position, the gap between the guide rails and the pressure plate is enough to accomodate the thickness of the film plus the backing paper. In the 220 position this gap is smaller, because there is no backing paper.
    Using 220 with the pressure plate in the 120 position means that the film will have a bit too much play to the rear. Most likely, the film will bulge to the rear around the middle of the frame.
    I agree that you will probably be OK if you have stopped down a little.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vanspaendonck View Post
    I don't think so.
    The distance from the film guide rails to the lens hasn't changed. With the pressure plate in the 120 position, the gap between the guide rails and the pressure plate is enough to accomodate the thickness of the film plus the backing paper. In the 220 position this gap is smaller, because there is no backing paper.
    Using 220 with the pressure plate in the 120 position means that the film will have a bit too much play to the rear. Most likely, the film will bulge to the rear around the middle of the frame.
    I agree that you will probably be OK if you have stopped down a little.
    Yes. That's probably what I meant to say! I got it the wrong way round.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help.

Bob

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also make more shots...
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin