Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,602   Online: 890

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleiflex -- top off

Well, that was the other day I took my rolleiflex 3.5 to the snow storm. A pretty big storm --- that the focus screen were covered by the snow. Eventually they melt in the subway.

How to clean this... I ended up taking the top off, clean the screen both sides. Also I cleaned the lens for the moisture due to the warm room. I am even thinking of taking the whole thing apart... Is there a service manual I can find on the web?

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Shoot, accidentally post twice. Moderator, can you please delete the previous one. Thanks. Sorry for the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the service manual ... but I would look at it very carefully before taking a TLR apart. These things are complicated little buggers - especially a Rolleiflex. Of course you may have far more skill and confidence than I possess, but I would simply take the top off, open the back and placing the intact camera in a dry place for a few days, turning it over occasionally to prevent puddling inside. Even if it got really wet, which you don't indicate is the case, this may solve your problem.
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 03-19-2007 at 03:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added repair url

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree. Take the top off and leave to dry naturally. You could try pushing some lint-free paper in to absorb the moisture, remove & replace when damp.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin