Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,459   Online: 760

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format

1920's Goerz Roll film Tenax

I bought a nice Goerz Roll film Tenax 6x9 camera with Dagor 6,8/100 in january. It had an old wooden Agfa spool in it, so I guess it hasn't been used for decades. Today I loaded it with Pan F+ and took the first test shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19332145@N00/

Ok, it's a simple camera, but the Dagor showed to be a good lens. Sharp and contrasty.

The red window isn't red anymore, but almost uncoloured. It lets some light in to show up on some of the images. Does anyone know a source for red plastic foil? I guess I also could tape a piece of grey plastic over it (exposed film )

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Lithographer's tape is a quick fix for those red windows. It will eventually fade, but not for a long time. You might be able to borrow a bit of it from any place that does traditional graphic arts. An alternative is to use opaque tape, and remove it while advancing film.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tip! I just butchered a scrapped Agfa Isolette and solved the problem. When there's no cover on the red window I always use black electrical tape.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin