Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,004   Online: 848

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey all....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mystique @ Nov 22 2002, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>...I am having a very interesting light leak issue now. &nbsp;</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Hmmmmmmmm ...
    ... BC was here!

Egads&#33; I know&#33; I GOTTA send it in. Back to the old Bronica I guess....whine...whine.... It is only 3 years old, and I bought it new.
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... soundin&#39; more &#39;n&#39; more like loose film mags&#33;

Of course I&#39;m gonna say I told ya so&#33;
    ... BC was here!

well hell. The local repair fella called and said that they couldn&#39;t find anything wrong with the back. UG&#33; Now what? Send it to Mamiya? I am getting interesting half frames now.&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; *(^(^(()_)+^&#036;#&#036;@#....
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Images
    Should have sent it there in the first place
    hi!

yeah, yeah, yeah......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hi&#33; Thanks Aggie&#33; I have the AF .. new, and the af 80, and 55-110. I sent it all in...we will see what they say. the zoom iss soft and the back is doing 1/2 frames. It is silly, I shot a Bronice Etrsi for 10 years, no problems...EVER&#33; And this Mamiya is trouble&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; lol.....

Well, the circut board??? is bad, and the AF sensor is off. 200.oo&#33; Argh&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; THey say the lens is fine...well of course it is, it&#39;s under warranty...sigh...Oh well. Really nice people there&#33;
    Thaksk All&#33;

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    To bad about your experiences with Mamiya. The 645 system it seems has always been a pimple for them. I would have thought they would have been a little more lienant on the charges, but then again I don&#39;t know all the cirumstances.

It&#39;s kind of weird, the 330TLR and the 7 have a reputation of having sharp lenses, but the 645 has alway been thought to have soft lenses. I wonder if they are farming out their lens production and the 645 lenses are being made at some inferior operation.

I started out with a Minolta SRT 101 (actually really started out with a borrowed Rollie TLR) and I loved the camera, but the lenses were never sharp enough for my needs. Switched to Nikon and never looked back. For 35mm that is. Do mainly MF and LF now.

My ramblings don&#39;t seem to address your issues but what I am leading up to is maybe you should ditch the Mamiya and go to the Pentax or Contax 645&#39;s if you like that format. I understand the optics for both of these systems are very good. I have seen large enlargements made from the Pentax and they were very sharp. If the Contax uses Zeiss glass then your ok with that one. The lenses on my Blad are great.

I used a Bronica S2A for years (with Nikkor lenses) and one of the backs I had was a 645. I finally found that I ditched in favor of the sq 6x6 back. Just didn&#39;t have to mess around when I wanted verticals, especially when using a flash.

Take care,

Eric

You could also check out the new Blad 645 as well, but I hear it uses Fuji glass.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin