Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,419   Online: 782

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey all....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As to considering changing over to a Pentax 645: I recently bought one with standard lens and I can only agree that the lens is a marvel of sharpness. Moreover the "bokeh" , the transition from sharp to unsharp is also great. Unlike many of its competitors the Pentax offers a lot or rather is all singing and dancing: comes with autofocus, programmes, built-in winder etc. at a price the others can only offer basic cameras (with viewfinders etc all at extrta cost)
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

When I purchased it, I was torn btwn the Contax, and the Mamiya. I like the "warmer" glass of the Mamiya. The Bronica I feel is a little cooler. Grerman optics and all. That is also why I did not go hassy. I have been satisfied with the Mamiya, but I am getting a bit disgruntled now. Grumble Grumble.
    I have had Hassy, Bronica, and Mamiya. I still go back to the Mamiya everytime. It just "feels" good! :-)
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This touches on something which I feel everyone must try and understand...

There are a LOT of good MF cameras out there. The difference between the various brands is pretty minimal. Anyone would be hard pressed to figure out if a shot was taken with a Hassy or a Bronica. What REALLY counts is comfort. How do YOU feel about using the camera. A camera you don't feel good about will do you no good. You won't like using it and it will show in your pictures more than a minor difference in the quality of the lens. Heck, I sometimes shoot with whatever matches my mood at the time. I might use my old C3 one day, my ETRsi the next, and my old FT2 the day after that. Maybe the next week I will only shoout with my F80 or my Speed Graphic. Depends on how I feel.

Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, what do you want for her?

JUST KIDDING!
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second the opinion for getting what feels right to you. Don't worry about automation, as you progress you will find you prefer to take control for yourself. Does the camera fit your hands? Do you hands naturally go to the controls or do you have to hunt for them? Is the thing dependable and solid? Do you plan to stick with one lens or do you want many different lengths and can you get them? Any known brand will give you a good camera. The rest is personal preference. Just don't worry too much about gadgetry. Go to a well stocked shop and handle different cameras. The right one for you will just feel right.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... yada, yada, yada, so how's da camera workin'?

... BC was here!

update to Mamiya dilemma....
    I sent it in, and the mother board was bad....wrong info sent for focus point!
    Well hello! DUH!...so, 2 bills (200.00) later...
    good as new, used it last weekend in a wedding..I love that camera..
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Oh yeah, and the 55-110 kicks a$$!!! niice! I have the Bronica kit still if anyone needs one.....lol....
    You know I shot the 7 for a couple of weeks, and could not for the life of me focus it properly...sent er back.
    so, in happy land again.. I am shooting the Nikon N90s also, wow, it is great...sold most of the minolta gear. I think I have owned one of everything over the years..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin