Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,022   Online: 920

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey all....

took it into the repair shop and he is having trouble focusing also. Camera is 2 yrs old. Focus is just a little off. Anyone run into this? Ideas?
    Thanks!
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am confused, I thought the focusing was on the lens not on the camera. Do you have another lens to compare? or maybe the repair person does?
    I have seen this problem in 35 mm cameras but invariably it was the lens not the camera itself.
    Let us know what happened.

Images
    Hey Mystique, Good to see you over here at APUG. Not sure what is going on with your camera, but I send my Mamiya gear directly to Mamiya for repairs. They do a great job, always have the parts, and are quick. Well worth the extra expense (their prices are higher than my local bay area shops). YMMV
    hi!

Thanks! Ok. More info, I am sorry.....
    The lens is a 55-110, that I had sent to Mamiya for a total over haul. Got it back, but I noticed that the focus is soft. K losing my mind here....Took the camera and lens into our local repair, and they use a thing that measures focus point (I don't know the name of it :-))....and they also said it's off. Do, I thought that my focusing screen might have gotten harred a little, but they say no. So... send lens back? I am anal about sharpness, esp around the eyes. I have had nothing but trouble with this lens. ??

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Shooter
    Large Format
    Send that sucker back! specially if it is a job they did.......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't had this problem with my AF bodies ... yet, but I used to own a pair of the original 645 Supers.

I was just zippin' along shootin' up a storm one day ... after trying to hunt down the cause of my focus problems for a month or so ... when the film mag came off in my hand!

... dark slide out, film loaded and in the middle of a roll!

Come to find out the was an alignment problem with the body and film mags that was the cause of my focus problems. Fortunately there was a Koean gentleman who was the regional MAC authorized repair person and he fixed both bodies and all three mags for less than $100!
    ... he also installed a sync speed lock, a nice touch since the original Supers only locked the shutter dial into 'Auto' mode in their 'stock' configuration.

BC

... BC was here!

Hi Billy! I think this issue is with the lens, b/c it is only with this one particular one. THe 80 is sharp always. Just the 55-110 is every now and then soft. No rhyme or reason to it. ARGGGHH!!!
    I am shipping it back to Mamiya....
    Thanks tho..good to see ya! :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "The 80 is sharp always."
    --------

Now THAT'S amazing!

I've owned three 645 80mm Mamiya lenses, two AF and one for the Super, and they all sucked!

I'm hoping they'll do a 1.9 80mm AF so I can have an excuse to ditch at least one of these critterz.

Did you find ya problem yet?

BC
    ... BC was here!

nope...been to busy to ship it in the the repair shop. But, I am having a very interesting light leak issue now. Also, it is forwarding 1/2 frames... ARGH!!!!!! I GOTTA send it out! EEK! The 80 is too sharp tho, honest...ALWAYS! Just the zoom is undependable...

Images
    Holy smokes, what else can go wrong with that camera? I have never had any issues like this with either of my Mamiya's. They are usually solid machines.

hi!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin