Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,580   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

www.sl66.com is back!

This morning I got great news from the administrator
    of Rolleiclub.com ( as all members did I suppose :-) )
    They have resurrected www.sl66.com !!!
    The new design of the site is considerably nice and
    all stuff from the former owner Mark Meijer + some new info can be found,
    browsing through the site was a real joy. I was really lucky because
    sl66.com has always been the best info site about this wonderful camera
    until it went offline somewhen in 2005.

Thank you very much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks for bringing this up since this is a camera that has interested me ever since I read Barry Thornton's book "Elements", although it was always way out of my price range. If I understand it correctly, the SL66 is mechanical and needs no batteries so it has its own range of lenses that aren't coupled for metering. Would I be correct in thinking that the meter-coupled lenses will still work properly on the SL66 or are they not compatible? If so, are the later lenses optically better due to improvements in coating?

Thanks, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There were different Models. All have a mechanical shutter which won´t need batteries. The first ( SL66 ) was all mechanical, later Models ( SL66E,X,SE )
    need a batterie only for the meter. All Lenses can be used on all Models, but the older ones will only work with working aperture for metering, unless they have been "upgraded". Newer Lenses ( since 1973 ) have an improved coating. Just browse the site, its all explained there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 150/4 Sonnar has had a meter coupling ring added to it at some point. So it is possible to make the old ones meter couple too.

Personally, I'd stay away from the metered SL66 cameras though - very few repairmen will work on them anymore.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin