Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,533   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hassey 80mm CF Lens query

I'm new to MF.

I just purchased a late model 80mm CF T* lens from KEH to replace an earlier version that came with my "kit" and has some cleaning marks that can create flare when shooting at an angle to the light source.

The new lens is in "like-new" condition. I'd like to put a UV-type filter on it. Unlike my 35mm Nikkors, this lens does not seem to use a threaded filter.

Does anyone know what type of filter do I need?

Oh, BTW, I know a lot of folks hate UV filters etc. I don't care about that issue. I prefer to protect my glass with such a filter as a prophylactic.

Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hassy uses proprietary bayonet mounts for filters. Yours is most likely a B60 mount. Guess what - everything for these mounts will cost you at least twice as any regular threaded filter. The good news is that you can buy adapters from lets say B60 to 67mm etc (that's what I did to being able to use normal filters).
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a little patience it is possible to find a good B60 UV filter on the auction site. I have one on 3 Zeiss lenses and they all came used. They are a little more expensive than threaded filters but so is the glass behind it.
    Good buy George, it is a great lens.

jan

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Bay60-->67mm adapter ring. I use that same stack of 67mm filters on my 58mm diameter lenses, so it saves a lot of money.

Usually I don't use a protective filter on any of my lenses, unless it's rainy or windy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes a B-60 it is. Since your in NYC why don't you try the 2nd. Sunday show in Wayne NJ. You can pick up a B-60 to 67mm ring for a couple of bucks. The filter guy is inside the second door and on the left. (April it's the 15th. because of Easter)

Because your going to use it all the time I too would skip the cheap glass and go to a Hassy or B-60 B+W filter. I don't know if the coating or flatness of the glass means that much but the more expensive brass rings are nice to work with.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Yes a B-60 it is. Since your in NYC why don't you try the 2nd. Sunday show in Wayne NJ. You can pick up a B-60 to 67mm ring for a couple of bucks. The filter guy is inside the second door and on the left. (April it's the 15th. because of Easter)

Because your going to use it all the time I too would skip the cheap glass and go to a Hassy or B-60 B+W filter. I don't know if the coating or flatness of the glass means that much but the more expensive brass rings are nice to work with.
    Have never heard of the 2nd Sunday show before. Can you give me a little more info? Is there a website?

Cannot do it this month but would be interested in checking it out in May.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Copake, It's the Second Sunday Camera Show at Fireman's Hall, Parish drive Wayne, NJ. Phone # 973-838-4301 or www.showsandexpos.com

This used to be a pretty big swap. E-bay has cut down the available equipment by a lot. I have picked up Rollei filters for $8. All my stainless steel lab gear I bought there. You never know. You can go months without seeing anything you need. Then for $25. walk out with a SS darkroom set.

Good luck.

Jim Rhoades

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use and adapter for mine. My old C lens is a B50. The adapter was around $10 on ebay and I got a B50 to series 7 adapter along with it so I can use those really nicely-machined Kodak lens hoods.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use the Cokin P series for my Hassy stuff. Works great.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    Not only can you get Hasselblad B60 filters for comparatively low prices on the used market, but Hoya is making very high quality filters in that size. The bayonet makes it easier to change filters than a screw-in adapter. It also lets you use filters with standard Hasselblad lens hoods
    Regards, Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin