Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,471   Online: 967

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images

all those pentax 67 lenses

There seem to be quite a lot of lenses out there for the Pentax 67. How is the overall image quality of those lenses. Wich ones are known to be good? Wich ones stand out from the crowd when it comes to image quality?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonk View Post
    There seem to be quite a lot of lenses out there for the Pentax 67. How is the overall image quality of those lenses. Wich ones are known to be good? Wich ones stand out from the crowd when it comes to image quality?
    The more modern lenses are excellent. I've used the 105, 165 and currently have the two zooms. The zooms are quite recent designs (2001 I think) and are excellent. I've had very crisp chromes with both zooms.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have seen a site somewhere addressing that question but I don't remember the name. IIRC the 55mm f/4 is considered very good and a pinch better/sharper than the 45mm f/4 I have the 45mm and I am very pleased with it. The 75mm f/2.8 and f/4.5 should be very sharp too, I have the old 4.5 version and I find it hard to shoot with (dark finder and slow focussing) though the results are great. The 105mm should be ok but not remarkable and the 90mm f/2.8 should be better. I have the 165mm but I can't comment on it since I haven't had any slides or prints done yet, the negs I had under the magnifier looks pretty sharp though.

Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 55mm F4 is sharper than my 90mm and my 150mm takumar is sharper than my 90mm by just a bit. My 150 is for sale if you're looking for one. I just replaced it with the longer 165mm. I highly recommend the 55mm though, it's so sharp! but takes big filters. I borrowed the 35mm fisheye recently and will report my results soon, cool lens with built in filters.

vinny

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have the 45 mm, 90 mm, and 165 mm LS lenses. All are very sharp.

I have also used the 300 mm f4 (or 5.6?) which is an older model Takumar. It was very good but not as good as the 3 I mentioned.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 55, 105, 135, and 200mm lenses, and have been very pleased with all of them although I use the 55 the least frequently. As I rarely make prints larger than 11x14, I can't attest to sharpness and contrast beyond that size, but up to there, all have proven to be excellent. In fact, up to that size, it would be difficult for anyone to distinguish between a print made with the P67 and any one of those lenses, and a print made with my 4x5 Shen-Hao using either a G-Claron 150, or a Fujinon 250.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    At one time the Victoria's Secret catalogs were shot with the Pentax 6x7 camera system. (Well, the photographer shot with the Pentax)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an ultra rare Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm 2.8 lens for my 67.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe the camera was the camera of choice by Bob Carlos Clarke and didn't Robert Adams use one for a while?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is my Pentax 67 Lens Guide

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/p67ss.htm

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin