Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,955   Online: 1107

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Filters for Rolleiflex, there must be a better way...

I received one orange filter with my 2.8GX.. its kind of annoying having to unscrew them of each time you want to check the exposure..

Is there a better way? Any filters designed specifically for TLR's?

Daniel.

PS. Other than that.. what a gorgeous camera.. and the shutter is quieter than a Leica!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't know this camera (have had lots of older Rolleis), but if you want to apply the filter factor to the meter reading (which is in the viewfinder, is this correct?) isn't it possible to apply the factor to the film speed setting, e.g. 3x orange filter, exposing HP5 Plus at a preferred setting of EI 250, reset the meter to a film speed of 80 and leave the filter on the taking lens?

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex filter problem: ask the rolleiclub forum

Hi , the rolleiclub.com has a couple of very well informed members , feel free to ask them at http://www.rolleiclub.com/forum
    Cheers: Jaap

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought rollei introduced a special filter holder that will let you not just cehck exposure when using coloured filters easily but also use polarisers and graduated filters much more easily?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not sure about the GX, but the F has an exposure compensation dial where you can adjust your exposure according to the filter factor of the filter(s) you're using, as long as you are able to remember to return it to zero after you take the filter off...

Shooter
    Medium Format

TLR filter holder

Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    I received one orange filter with my 2.8GX.. its kind of annoying having to unscrew them of each time you want to check the exposure..

Is there a better way? Any filters designed specifically for TLR's?

Daniel.

PS. Other than that.. what a gorgeous camera.. and the shutter is quieter than a Leica!
    Hi,

there is a new ROLLEI TLR filter holder available from Franke&Heidecke, which is just perfect. You screw the filter in and you can swing them from the view finder lens into the exposure taking lens. It's not cheap, but well made, and worth every penny, for the TLR lovers. Unfortunately, it fits only on the newer TLR's, but other sizes for older TLR's are in the pipeline.

Check with ROLLEI dealer.

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    I am not sure about the GX, but the F has an exposure compensation dial where you can adjust your exposure according to the filter factor of the filter(s) you're using, as long as you are able to remember to return it to zero after you take the filter off...
    Except I have no idea what the filter factor is for various filters.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Daniel.
    If the factor isn't stamped on the filter or stated on a leaflet packed with the filter, you should be able to find it on the relevant website. If it's a genuine Rollei filter, it's probably made by B+W.

Approximately:
    Mid-yellow or yellow/green filter 2x
    Orange 3x - 4x
    Red 8x
    Polarizer 3x - 4x
    Neutral density Always stated on filter: 2x, 4x, 8x

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look into the facts sheet of your film. As it depends mostly from the spectral sensitivity of the film, this is the place to look.

Stefan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin