Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,614   Online: 956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images

good ruggedized bag for pentax 67

I am looking for a good ruggedized but still small bag for my Pentax 67 (with mounted standard lens). The camera should be as save as possible in there and it should be a good practical bag that can be carried around every day. It should be small because it will have to fit in my backpack too. Any hints? What are you experiences?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know the exact dimensions of the 67, but I find that small "lunchbox" bags are perfect for most of my camera needs. They are inexpensive, insulated, meant to be carried and, when left in the car, as unobtrusive and uninteresting as can be. Nobody steals your lunchbox.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hard to be rugged, small, and light at the same time.
    Tundra and Pelican cases are the most rugged and could fit in a backpack but they are heavy.

The 67 is built like a tank so if it is already going to be in a backpackers backpack (which would afford some protection if packed well), I might just use a large padded wrap from Domke or Calumet and put the whole thing in a 2 gallon ziplock bag.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I bought my kit on that auction website, I had the Pentax bag. I used it for a while but got tired of the shoulder strap.
    Sufficient to hold your camera while having space for extras. There's even a rain cover.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    .....Nobody steals your lunchbox.
    Bears will!
    Howard Tanger

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Krockmitaine View Post
    When I bought my kit on that auction website, I had the Pentax bag. I used it for a while but got tired of the shoulder strap.
    Sufficient to hold your camera while having space for extras. There's even a rain cover.
    Marc
    Do you mean that "bag" that looks like a suitcase for makeup? (there is no extra raincover)

(that's my set by the way)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by bonk View Post
    I am looking for a good ruggedized but still small bag for my Pentax 67 (with mounted standard lens). The camera should be as save as possible in there and it should be a good practical bag that can be carried around every day. It should be small because it will have to fit in my backpack too. Any hints? What are you experiences?
    Consider a neoprene or other wrap instead of a bag when you carry the camera in the backpack.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you have too many bags and backpacks already, one of these "cushion boxes" might do a perfect job to fit:

http://www.etsumi.co.jp/2007catalogu...id2=18&id3=181

I was just looking for something for my old Mamiya Press.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out the Crumpler "Buckets"; they're designed as inserts for their other bags.

http://www.crumplerbags.com/home.php
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonk View Post
    Do you mean that "bag" that looks like a suitcase for makeup? (there is no extra raincover)

(that's my set by the way)
    I mean like a soft camera bag with the Pentax logo. Larger than your case because I can put a 200mm and have extra space left.
    How come your case doesn't fill your need? Looks like a really nice and handy case.

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin