Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,401   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, but that's a "D" - the non-Ds don't have these notches if I'm not totally mistaken (which might well be).

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you are correct, Antje. Here is some discussion on another forum that might help. My Hassy has Accu-matte D so I don't know much about what came before that. This discussion is making me want to go out and buy a copy of Wildi's book!

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=009K0Q

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK ... I see them. Faint, aren't they!

I'm curious, now --- Karen says "the Ds are much brighter." I wonder HOW much brighter -- but I'm not so curious that I'm about to spend $$$ to find out.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to take this slightly OT, but I'm looking at a Linhof adapter which has an Acute Matte screen in the middle. It looks very much like the Hasselblad ones mentioned here, but the screen is only 56mm x 56mm in size, measured from the outer edge of the metal frame. Could this be the case, or are the Hasselblad ones larger (having never seen one, I'm assuming they're 6cmx6cm). Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hasselblad 6cm = 56 mm in reality. This is the same for all medium format. The film itself is 6cm across, but needs a couple of mm either side of the image - hence the 56mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format

acute matte

The original Acute-Matte screens have no notches cut in the metal frame. A couple of years later (1996 , 1997, two small d shaped notches were added (on the frame bottom lower right) and these new screens were called Acute-Matte D.

The D screes were made a little less bright to help with focusing. In viewing through the camera one can hardly tell the difference between the original Acute-Matte and the D version Acute-Matte.

One way to tell an Acute-Matte is to hold it diagonally and move it across a path of a strong white light source; by moving around into the light multicolor patters (like from a crystal prism) will appear. Pre Acute-Matte screens do no do this. Another difference is that the cross hair in the center of the Acute-Matte screens is etched and translucent. On the older non Acute-Matte screens it is painted black.
    Last edited by dorigatti; 08-27-2011 at 06:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin