Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,652   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format

Extension tubes for Mamiya RZ

I want to get some extension tubes for my RZ. Obviously some RB lenses you can use with the RZ and RB extension tubes are MUCH cheaper than RZ ones. Can they be used on the RZ? Or wouldn't everyone would buy them if so? Thanks for any advice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you want to use RB lenses? I can't see using RZ lenses with RB tubes. But if you want to buy lenses and matching tubes then I think it should work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to answer my own question - no, apparently not. The shutter won't fire if you use RB tubes. Shame. (Sorry about unnecessary thread but I suppose someone else might like to know!)

edit - just saw your post Nick! Apparently (according to Robert White's) you can't use RB extension tubes at all on the RZ - otherwise I suppose they couldn't get away with the extortionate prices charged for them!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Have you thought about used gear? RZ tubes from outfits like KEH are pretty darn good. There also isn't really much much to go wrong with a extension tube (no glass or delicate shutters!), so used isn't really a problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin