Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,715   Online: 841

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I LOVE my Holga!!! I find using tri-x with it and then over developed by a good 5 min. gives me the best results. I remove the battery cover so I get 6x6 with vignetting (If you do this make sure to tape the batteries in because they're bound to fall out mid roll). Oh yeah, you only need batteries if you have the flash so maybe theis wont effect you. And get this, FreeStyle photo supplies now has a whole line of Holga stuff. They make the Woka with a glass lens, and the Holgaroid, a polaroid attachment for it!!! How great is that? it's $100 so I'll wait a bit. Anyway, just get the camera, for $15 you cant lose.

I just bought a "Windsor" 6x6 Diana clone on eBay. I really wanted to get one after seeing many of the toy camera image galleries on the web.

Heck, a photographer who uses toy cameras almost exclusively was shown in the January issue of "B&W Magazine," the big glossy mag for collectors.

Can't wait to try it!

Hello, I shoot quite a bit with a Holga. The soft dreamy effect is what draws me. I have done lots of graveyards and also some nudes and am very happy with the results. Ilford Delta 3200 is my film of choice. Ken

Images
    Cool, why not post a few to the gallery here on APUG?
    hi!

Alright, my first post here. Just signed up. Anyway, I *love* the Diana and use it a lot. I also have a bunch of Holgas - one of which I use for 35mm work. Those plastic cameras are great. I prefer the Diana over the Holga, though. You get slightly more control over what you do and even though many hardcore toy camera fans would shun me for this I think you need some control. Shooting random photos and hoping for the best certainly isn't my approach. Maybe I'll post some Diana pix here - once I find out how this site works... ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jmcolberg @ Mar 16 2003, 04:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Maybe I&#39;ll post some Diana pix here - once I find out how this site works... ;-)</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    I think you&#39;ll find APUG far more pleasant than the other "Free to bash those less worthy" sites that offer some sort of "cleansing" criticsm.

Good bunch here. I&#39;ve never read anything like "Absolutely no talent. You would do well to quit"
    The critiques on the other sites wind up as sounding like the babbling of idiots.

I, and I think I speak for everyone else here, look forward to new talent posting images.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    I concur...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Other than ebay, is there anywhere to get a cheap Holgaonline, or any stores in the UK?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

what about toycamera.com

For toy enthusiasts, check out www.toycamera.com . We've got an active and supportive forum/international community with galleries, tips and publications aplenty.

Search lulu.com for "toy camera" to see the publications. I've just posted one of my own . . .

JOhn
    www.lulu.com/johnreeves
    -JOhn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin