Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,638   Online: 716

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcolberg
    Alright, my first post here. Just signed up. Anyway, I *love* the Diana and use it a lot. I also have a bunch of Holgas - one of which I use for 35mm work. Those plastic cameras are great. I prefer the Diana over the Holga, though. You get slightly more control over what you do and even though many hardcore toy camera fans would shun me for this I think you need some control. Shooting random photos and hoping for the best certainly isn't my approach. Maybe I'll post some Diana pix here - once I find out how this site works... ;-)
    The Holga camera doesn't apeal to me at all..
    as I use "his" mother, the awesome DIANA.
    (I once saw an add for HOLGA that said:
    "HOLGA!!....The Son of DIANA"... so it must be so...

I LOVE the Di. the control/lack of it and the way it distorts the negs is so superior to the Holgas..

and I am in the process of making a Di with a Compur shutter in front of it..
    It is almost finished, and I'll upload some examples as soon as images are there..
    (imaging: fast shutter speeds - B - T - and place for cabel realease as well as flash syncro.. can't wait. It looks neet too..)

I also have had a broken Diana, so I removed the lens, and wouldnt you know: it fits in many shutters for LF...
    So I am going to make a "Diana image" on a 13x18cm film...

forget Holga. Go for the "real stuff"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    It is almost finished, and I'll upload some examples as soon as images are there..
    (imaging: fast shutter speeds - B - T - and place for cabel realease as well as flash syncro.. can't wait. It looks neet too..)
    many HOLGAs already have B exposure and flash sync - at least mine has both of these features and cable release modification is quite simple

I also have had a broken Diana, so I removed the lens, and wouldnt you know: it fits in many shutters for LF...
    So I am going to make a "Diana image" on a 13x18cm film...
    ...what about image circle?
    I would be surprised if is it big enough to cover 5x7"!

Fulvio

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio
    many HOLGAs already have B exposure and flash sync - at least mine has both of these features and cable release modification is quite simple

...what about image circle?
    I would be surprised if is it big enough to cover 5x7"!

Fulvio
    The Di also have B and I can use manual flash with it.
    but never the less.. it looks cool..

about the 13x18 "di"..
    the circle - it absolutely can't cover that area - that's the beauty of it.
    nice round Diana like images - gotta look cool (?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sleazesells
    Other than ebay, is there anywhere to get a cheap Holgaonline, or any stores in the UK?
    IIRC, Mr Cad stocks them.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love the Holga. Nothing like it!

Not to mention I got mine through the generosity of an APUG member - and what a gift of countless hours of fun it is! Get one, put in some film, any film - poin it and shoot it. Its darn right liberating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Maybe just a junk camera or toy camera exhibit?

That sounds like a great idea, although I'm not comfortable calling my Agfa Clack either junk or a toy. Perhaps something ringing of a bit more sophistication. I rather like, "Quality Basic Imaging Tool" however if my Clack doesn't qualify, I would suggest you use, "Simple Holga Imaging Tool." Bill "Clackity Clack" Barber

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There's even a contest for toy cameras called the Krappy Kamera Contest...

http://www.sohophoto.com/downloads/mar_2005_press_release.pdf#search='Krappy%20Kamera %20Contest'

Just in case you're interested...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Next time I will go to a wedding I will bring my Holga and my Lomo Cosmic Symbol and shoot toy-style, from-the-hip and with coloured flash...now that's wedding photography that will surprise the couple

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    I married a Holga to a Prontor shutter about a month ago...I will try to post some pix of it tonight...

I will say that the one advantage a Holga has over a Diana is that it is not a commodity. Holgas are still being produced and are very cheap. I don't hesitate to irreversibly modify one in whatever fashion I choose. I am sure I would not be so cavalier with a Diana...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Purchased a Holga a few months ago, and love it! The camera is lightweight, cheap [like me], and has a wonderful crappy lens! Have two crappy sepia toned photos in "My Photos" section of the gallery. Would like your opinion. I suggested a while ago that the Holga folks should develop a horrible zoom lens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin