Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,489   Online: 1114

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad

I'm not a dedicated preacher (I'm a Bronica user, but don't really care about cameras).

Having used 645, I quite like it. I recently saw the new Hasselblad 645 and it looks rather nice. Personal preference I suppose.

I think the best thing is to let your pictures define your work not your camera.

There is a guy at my local group who shoots nothing but 4"x5" and 6x9 and scans it all with lots of super expensive gear. Yet I know a seventeen year old art student using a "cereal box" APS camera that takes photos 200x more interesting than the aforementioned LF junkie.

Just find what works. I wouldn't worry - Hasselblad are just branching out and covering more markets - and, ultimately, competition helps. 645 is a pretty competitive market - you've got Bronica, Pentax, Mamiya and now Hasselblad, but it has it's truly dedicated users (I love it, but I like 6x6 also, and am always trying to "borrow" my father's SQA&#33

Whatever works is cool, and I think the new Blad has potential.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fotobob @ May 1 2003, 07:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I was shocked when they came out with the &quot;colored&quot; Hasseys. It&#39;s a way to make a few more bucks. What hassey user with a yellow camera will EVER use a blue back? That means more sales of new backs. Frankly I am a little disappointed with hasselblad and their &quot;new items&quot;. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Hey&#33;

As a yellow Hassy owner, I&#39;m not sure how to respond here.

First, I haven&#39;t been a pro or anything and haven&#39;t been a photographer quite as long. Only about 19 years since I was 12. To me photography is my escape from the corporate world that I live in.

I have always wanted to own a Hassey since I was a kid and a friend&#39;s father showed me his Hassey.

When the coloured ones came out they appealed to me - young, professional, wanted a great camera. Prestige, status - sure&#33; Why not? Will it make me a better photographer - maybe - only because I love photography that much more now that I have this great piece of machinery in my hands.

Something you may want to consider is that HB is looking to a new generation of users who will use this camera for the next 40 years. Its not just for the old guys you know?
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Boy, those tan Linhofs of the two-tone patent leather shoe era really look dated, and I suspect the colored Hassys are headed that way too. I love my Tech V, but eventually that tan leatherette has got to go (and it will when I stop gluing it back on every time the panels come loose).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    black or chrome never seems to go out of style nor does it draw as much attention as a big bright box. I don&#39;t mind the new blad&#39;s. If it draws a few more into photography and specifically MF then I think it is a good thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And to think that I thought the little embossed "M"s on the leatherette of the C220 was cool. (at least they had no pretensions about what they wrapped the camera in, and I don&#39;t have to neat&#39;s foot oil it as well)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ladies & Gentlemen!

The bottom line is this one, you want style? Buy an Hasselblad!
    You want beauty? Buy an Hasselblad!
    You want a full and reliable system? Buy Hasselblad!
    You want good service? Buy Hasselblad!
    You want performance? Buy Hasselblad!
    Whatever the reason you might buy an Hasselblad, just buy it and enjoy it!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    Ladies & Gentlemen!

Cheers

André
    Well, that just about sums it up, now, doesn't it? haha

As for those different colored Hassys... I love 'em! I'd love to have at least a red one and a blue one for sure! Do they make an orange one??? I mean orange is just about my most favorite! Yeah... orange hassy. Now THAT's cool!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Do they make an orange one??? I mean orange is just about my most favorite! Yeah... orange hassy. Now THAT's cool!
    Check here, if you don't mind a little do-it-yourself ...
    http://www.cameraleather.com/colors/
    I'm tempted myself as my Hassy is already lacking some leatherette. But I think I will go with verdigris kid skin.

Or maybe dark brown lizard.

decisions, decisions -- MW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why not use both? One color one one side... another color on the other side... and one really freaky- (or groovy) looking 'blad...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    Ladies & Gentlemen!

Cheers

André
    You forgot:
    If you want to spend too much money on one lens, one body, and one back Buy a Hasselblad
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin