Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,846   Online: 867

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hasselblad

I see where Hasselblad has added the 645 format to their list of products.I also see that the camera has autofocus.Never thought I'd see Blad go in that direction...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They've had 645 for years via the A16 and A32 film magazines ... to see them doing an AutoFocus camera with Fuji lenses is REAL spooky though!

... BC was here!

I believe Fuji makes the entire unit I could be wrong though.The blad users I know personally are very passionate about the Ziess lens they own.They even sneer at my C330.I think they are just picking at me though.Thanks for informing me about the 645 backs that were already available,I was unaware of the facts.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The contrast that can be obtained by a Carl Ziess lens is unequaled. I have a hassy and a few lenses, the box is no big deal and the lenses actually are not that sharp, I have compared them to some of my LF lenses, putting neg to neg ....and the LF negs were always sharper, but I tell you, once you print the MF neg it is wonderful ! there is something about the CS lenses that make the print jump at you. If Fuji is making the lenses for the new 645, then Hasselblad has joined the rest of the world in lending its name for the sake of profit. Hopefully the new camera can be up to the name hasselblad.

I wonder if the new blad 645 will go to the moon....

After getting a look at the new auto focus Blad, it looks like it could be made by Kyocera. It looks like the Contax 645. Zeiss has been making glass in Japan for the last couple of years, anything could go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess Hasselblad has to do what it can to survive in this age of global competition. At least they haven't moved their whole operation to China, yet. I personally won't buy one of the new 645 blad's, I am happy with my "old" non-af 501c and the wonderful CZ glass that goes with it.
    Now maybe if Hasselblad would reduce the price it would be more tempting. Unfortunatly it will probably be like the x-pan where it is sold in the US as a Hasselblad, and globally as a Fuji product for less money. Short term it probably seems like a good idea for them to do this, in the longrun however I think it will only act to undermine the value of Hasselblad and it will either hurt the company as a whole, or the product line will be discontinued. Why use a Hasselblad made by Fuji, when I could just go out and buy a Fuji Medium format camera? That is my two 2¢..
    Scott Stadler

Amongst the cornfields & rednecks of central Indiana
    As a very specific Hasselblad user, I think they are killing themselves with the Fuji made H1. Of course, Fuji is selling their own version of the H1 overseas (same camera, different label). But, they did the same with the XPan/TX-1.

I don't like fuji MF lenses, the LF lenses are great, but the MF lenses suck. Both in optics and bok-e. BTW, the GX680 lenses are DISPOSABLE! They are not meant to be worked on. The lenses are sealed and designed to not be repairable. Hmm...

Being a former Mamiya users, I upgraded to my 503's and I love the Zeiss glass. Having said that, I wouldn't get another Mamiya (except for RZ) again. Printing my own color (off of film of the same batch and controlled studio lighting (Elinchrom), the consistency of the Zeiss glass (colorwise) is more consistent than my RB or RZ lenses are. The Mamiya 6 & 7 glass is really nice though. I just don't care for RF systems (unless I'm on vacation)...

Of course, if I ever wanted a AF MF system, I'd go with the Contax 645, even though the Zeiss lenses for it are made in Japan, it's still better than Fuji MF lenses.

The H1 handles nice, has the whole "solid-stainless" feel, but the coated plastic case (which wears off easily), is a definite downside...Of course the 1/800 LS lenses are nice. That's one loss of the Contax 645 system. If the H1 was cheaper, had real Zeiss lenses, a vacuum back, a better case, and was 6x6, they'd make a killing!

In the mean time, a 205FCC looks like the next body to get...actually, the 203S (yes, 'S&#39 would be great, but nobody could afford one. (It's the space camera which is basically a modified 203FE with a specially made Winder CW attached)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Next time I'm in Malaysia I'm going to see what I can pick up the Fuji model for. No way am I going to pay extra just because is says blad. I have a 500c/m and love it. It's earned it's stripes and is almost worth the money they ask for. It amazes me that people would spend almost the same amount of money on a 35mm camera as a blad. I suppose it depends on your shooting needs. When I use to do newspaper work my Nikon F's were indispensible. But for the average amateur shooter I would think the extra time it takes (and not much extra time really) a MF demands would improve their photography.

I agree though, make it a 6x6 and there will be a stampede.

I have heard many people who have been lured into the digital world complain that their photos just plain suck because they don't take the time to set it up properly. They have gone for the shotgun approach. On the flip side I have a couple of friends who use their digitals as "polaroids" for their MF and LF pics and has such improved their output.

I have a buddy that I go out with on photo safaris and in the time it takes me to do 1 or 2 pictures he has taken about 100 digital ones. All bracketed etc. He might get 1 or 2 good pics out of a day. But then again that's about the same number I would get. So who is a better craftsman if all that is evaluated is the final print? People don't know what you went thru to get there and except for fellow photographers really don't care.

I'm struggling with this. What is your opinion?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even a blind pig will find an acorn once in a while.

Anyone can just hold down the shutter on any camera, take a gazillion pictures and get one or two keepers.

Few can say "this will be good", take one or two pictures and have them stick.

This is why I am a bit shocked by the H1. 'Blad for decades has subscribed to the philosophy that pictures are crafted, not simply "taken". People don't buy 'Blads because they have "Super-Quasi-3DSuper Matrix metering" or "Hyperfocus AF". They buy them because they last and they have great optics. They are cameras for people who know how to take pictures.

The H1 seems to be a departure here. Very much a "gee-whiz" camera. Hype over quality. While I am sure it is a good camera, it seems to me to be more about the hype surrounding it than about taking really good pictures.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin