Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,640   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not yet located the filter that improves the composition.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve:

Which Mamiya TLR do you have?

Usually the Mamiyaflex reference is to the older models, not the 330 series.

The shutters on all of my lenses (55mm, 65mm, 80mm and 135mm) are automatically cocked when I wind the film. IIRC, only the older chrome lenses, and the 250mm lenses don't offer that functionality.

I've found the C330 to be very easy to operate, even in the hectic environment of wedding photography. The prism finder (not the porroflex) does definitely help though.

I've never owned a Hassy. My MF SLRs are a Mamiya M645 Super/Pro tandem, which certainly certainly offer some ease of use advantages, but there are some downsides as well.

I like having both.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    C330

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my Hassey. I've used the 40, 50 and 60 mm lenses and much prefer the 40mm. That wide angle is amazing.

It's interesting you're starting with a 250mm lens, can you explain why? Just curious.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I love my Hassey. I've used the 40, 50 and 60 mm lenses and much prefer the 40mm. That wide angle is amazing.

It's interesting you're starting with a 250mm lens, can you explain why? Just curious.

Regards, Art.
    The used best lenses that they had were the 50mm and the 250mm. I was inclined to wait for a 40mm and I saw that front ring was scuffed, the focusing ring on the 50mm slightly slipped and the focusing was unreasonable stiff. Even thought they would fix the stiffness and the focusing ring problem, I thought that $650 was a little too high.

The 250mm was exceptionally clean and while it would have normally been the last lens I brought, I thought $800 for the lens was a good price.

Total for the CX [1990], PME, WL hood, A12 back, and 250mm lens for $1500 was a pretty good price.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ITAH???
    It puzles me that you chose Hasselblad as being more like your Nikon.
    I have a Pentax 6X7 and I find it to be to close to my Nikons in handling thus thinking about a Hassy, Bronica (again) or another 6X6 with a WLF that is completely different from my 35mm gear. To me the difference that matters between 35mm and MF is not just the format, be it square or 6X7, It is also the handling using a WLF and a handheld meter etc.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    ITAH???
    It puzles me that you chose Hasselblad as being more like your Nikon.
    I have a Pentax 6X7 and I find it to be to close to my Nikons in handling thus thinking about a Hassy, Bronica ...
    Starting with 6x6, I wanted a reflex and not a WLF. Both the Hasselblad and the Mamiya had that with the PME/Porroflex finders. I wanted something less cumbersome and without the parallax problems [even though I have a Paraminder]of a TLR.

While I was not particularly crazy about 6x7, the used Pentax's in the Los Angeles area were beat to death. Therefore I believe that when someone buys a Pentax 6x7 they will not give it up. Given that people in this area will buy an SUV as a fashion statement* and then dump a perfectly good vehicle for another fad-of-the-year-vehicle, this makes Los Angeles a good place to troll for Hasselblads.

Steve

*Why do people in Los Angeles drive SUVs?

To drive over the homeless people at the end of their driveway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    *** Question: Will I be happy with a f/4 50mm lens for $650 or should I hold out for a f/4 40mm lens? As your opinions are respected and valuable to me => Please Advise. ***

Steve
    Don't be a piker. Go whole hog. Get an SWC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Don't be a piker. Go whole hog. Get an SWC.
    Hmmm ... that would not be Kosher.

The SWC will have to wait for now.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin