Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,279   Online: 930

Shooter
    Medium Format

Recessed Lens Board for Galvin 2x3

I just bought a Schneider-Kreuznach Super Angulon 47mm f/5.6 to use with my Galvin 2x3 view camera, and I need to make a recessed lens board for it.

There are about 62mm between the front of the front standard and the front of the rear standard with the standard bellows just about as close together as they can be. The rear element of the lens extends 22mm behind the front of the lens board. If I recess the lens about 35mm, then there are only 5mm between the rear of the lens and the film plane. I have not before calculated the recess for a lens board, so I am uncertain how to figure it out.

I can build a bag bellows for the camera (to gain some movements on the 6x9 cm film), but I don't know how much closer the standards would be with this bellows.

Rich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I realized after posting the message above that I was using the incorrect standard for my calculations. Instead of using the existing recessed board for the 65mm lens, and working from that, I need to start from the camera standards themselves.

Doing this, a 20mm recess will put the lens' focal length 42 mm from the film plane, and that gives me 5mm more with which to focus at infinity.

No need to respond.

Rich

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin