Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,755   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    jstraw, thanks so much for that .PDF! Wow, what a wealth of information. I guess the magnifier is optional and not necessary?

Thanks for the update Dave. Things are starting to look grim for me. While I may be able to snag the WLF sometime in the near future, I'm wondering what things will be like in the years to come. Perhaps I should consider a MF camera that has more parts available.

Now I'm back at square one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jason,
    if accessory availability is your primary deciding factor, it narrows to Hassy, Mamiya, and Pentax as the ones that have the most 'bits' floating around at any given time, in my experience.

erie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Erie. I think I may just have to look at the bigger companies now. I'd like to stay under $600 USD if possible and the Bronica fit the bill. However, it seems like I may have to look at the more popular (and expensive) companies!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjoo View Post
    sesanjay, I just looked up shutterblade on eBay, and they don't seem to have any waist level finders for the SQ-Ai. If you have a link, I would appreciate it! <snip>
    Sorry, I couldn't provide the link earlier. Those auctions are completed, and as jstraw mentioned, both WLFs went for pretty good prices. However, I have seen these items from this seller in the past and if you keep an eye on their auctions, you might chance upon one. However, it seems like you have to be willing to pay a bit for these - they seem to be going at a premium these days.

Please do not be discouraged - there are lots of Bronica SQ gear available on eBay. Also, Koh's Camera has a SQ-AI (with a 80mm PS lens, a 120 Back and a WLF) in Mint- condition for $590.00. They also have other Bronica SQ gear and might be able to find you what you need, in case you decide to go with Bronica. Another website for Bronica SQ gear is here. (I think they are somehow affiliated with "shutterblade" on eBay.)

I have a Bronica SQ with a metered prism and have often desired for a WLF, but I am not willing to pay the prices they seem to be going at simply because I do not really need it. BTW, I have been very happy with my SQ.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

PS: I am not affiliated with any of these dealers/sellers - just passing on information that might help.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    sensanjay, thanks for the Koh's Camera link! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now only if they can hold onto it until next week, I will be able to purchase it! However, have you ever dealt with them before? I'm a bit weary ordering from such a small store. There is no information on their store at www.resellerratings.com

Hopefully this kit stays in stock for a few more days!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jason,

I have not dealt with this store personally. I believe I got to know about this store from a post by David (Goldfarb) - he may have some feedback about this dealer.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the help Sanjay!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the Bromica stuff will prove to be an excellent value proposition for me overall. I look at availability and prices for glass and everything else. Sure, I might end up paying $80 for a WLF but I think when I have my kit where I imagine I want it to be...body, 2-3 backs 3 lenses, WLF, metered prism, grip...I will have spent less putting it together than with any other 6x6 system, except for maybe Kiev.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree Michael. I'm just worried that in the future there won't be anything Bronica left :X

As a side note, has anyone had any experience with Koh's Camera?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I have purchase some SQ series accessories from KOH's as well as had some work done on some lenses and other Bronica SQ gear. They are excellent. The gentleman who performs the repairs used to work for Tamron and one of the service folks at Tamron told me to contact him, since he had bought out some older parts.

As to the waist level finders... they seem to have a mysterious cycle of availability. There has been a recent lull in Bronica activity on the used market front.

KEH is having their spring cleaning three day sale currently, so you could pick up a couple of pieces of Bronica gear for a reduced price right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin