Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,447   Posts: 1,597,111   Online: 884

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post

Some day I will get burned at the stake by Rollei nuts when I get a 75mm Planar f3.5 from an E or F 'Flex and install it on an Autocord body. I will have the Autocord's focus solidity and the Planar's extra bite, and my interest in any other TLR will end!
    Hmmmm - make several of these please. I would be interested in one of these blasphemous " Autoflex" cameras.

Seriously tho - is this feasible?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Just for the fun of it, get a copy of Don Normark's book Chavez Ravine, A Los Angeles Story, IMESHO one of the best photography tomes ever. He was a starving college kid and did those pictures (1949) with a Ciro-Flex, a little TLR that goes begging on Ebay for $30 even now.
    Another book worth getting is England Observed by John Gay. He puts all of us multi-camera collectors to shame by producing hundreds of superb images of England in the 30s to the 90s using just a Rolleiflex, If ever I think I need any more cameras or different focal length lens, I just look at this book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-13990141
    http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/p...land-observed/

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by drumlin View Post
    Hmmmm - make several of these please. I would be interested in one of these blasphemous " Autoflex" cameras.

Seriously tho - is this feasible?
    I think that it could be done. The big unknown is if the shutter unit would fit within the opening of the Autocord's front panel. And if the rear lens unit would fit through the brass focusing block. The chances of having the shutter and aperture inidcator system fit back on are pretty nil. Having used view cameras enough, I don't have a problem looking at the front of a camera to make settings.

Matus Kalisky, there are Autocords out there with scratched lenses or other problems. The Franken-cord shown was a body with a broken shutter unit. The lens had gone to replace a scratched lens on another Autocord. What DID surprise more than anything is that the wind lever and film counter system still work.

Here's a pre-WWII tessar in a Compur shutter on an Autocord-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5920700367_2741600606.jpg   5920700367_2741600606_b.jpg  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin