Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,386   Online: 707

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Can the cell be replace on these meters?
    I just stumbled on this: http://www.ihagee.org/top01.htm
    Scroll down to the heading something like "Repairing Selenium Meter Yourself"
    Kind of interesting.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey keep in mind:

Quality Light Metric
    7095 Hollywood Blvd. # 550
    Hollywood, California 90028
    USA
    tel:323/467-2265
    fax:323/ 467-2284

email is; georgepmilton (AT) worldnet.att.net

This guy is THE guy to get to repair your old meters... I have had George fix two Master V's for me and they are great... better than new.

He even signs and dates his work... a true artist!

I am located in Australia and George treated me exceptionally well and the distance was a non issue. One of the best techs I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

The biggest "dog" in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathab View Post
    Thanks guys for all your replies. I may yet not have bought a "pup".

Regards, Kathab
    I really bought a pup--it is now in the hands of Megatron Photography and will probably need a new selenium cell fitted. Thanks Nick for your link to Megatron.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really bought a pup--it is now in the hands of Megatron Photography and will probably need a new selenium cell fitted. Thanks Nick for your link to Megatron.
    When it comes back, it should be as good as new - the last price for a new Weston Euromaster II was about £170, so you might come out ahead, with the meter and repair costing less than this!

Regards,

David

Images
    I've got a late model Sekonic Studio Deluxe so it will be many years before I need to worry about the cell degrading.
    When I picked it up, the young salesperson at the photo shop tried to sell me batteries for it. I should have said "Sure. Could you look up the the proper type and install them for me?" That would have killed an afternoon.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks guys for all your replies. I may yet not have bought a "pup".

Regards, Kathab
    IMO, the best introduction to proper exposure is found in the instruction booklet for the Master V. Just look at the dial--the O the U indicate the limits of b/w exposure. The big V is Zone V.
    My bride of just a few months broke my Master V in 1970. I replaced it with a Ranger 9 and even though the dial has the same system, I never liked the Ranger. I finally bought a Euromaster about fifteen years ago and use it almost every day. The Ranger 9 is long gone. The bride is still here.

And to do the zero test, put the hi baffle in place, then hold the front flap of the case tightly against the meter. Works for me.
    Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the distant past I saw a picture in a book (Fred Picker's) of a Weston meter with Zone markings and it was obvious that they were printed at time of manufacture.

Any idea s to what model that was. I've searched various sites including auction sites but have not seen it. Did I dream it?

BTW, I second the service provided by Quality Light Metric. I have used him in the past for a Sekonic repair and was very happy with his service.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    In the distant past I saw a picture in a book (Fred Picker's) of a Weston meter with Zone markings and it was obvious that they were printed at time of manufacture.
    I remember that someone used to make a printed zone sticker to put on a Weston Master. I don't know if they ever made a meter with an original zone dial but it wouldn't surprise me. It would have been easy enough to do and Ansel was responsible for selling a _lot_ of Master meters.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm

Manual for Weston V

Just thought you may be interested to know that you can get a PDF of the Manual for the Weston V from www.orphancameras.com. I have a Weston V which is in permanent loan from my Father and have recently dusted it off as I want to do some back to basics work with an old Minolta SR1. Forty years old and it's still working fine.

My "problem" now is this is leading towards getting into MF photography. I've always been a 35mm guy but I'm out and about more as I now run Photographic Tours of Ireland and I really want to shoot landscapes using MF, at least I have solid light meter, now all I need is a MF camera to go with it!

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One small point that no-one else seems to have made is that UK and US Weston Masters aren't identical.

Cheers,

R.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin