Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,268   Online: 1020

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    One small point that no-one else seems to have made is that UK and US Weston Masters aren't identical.

Cheers,

R.
    Good point, mine is the UK version. Manufactured in Enfield, Middlesex. The model number is S461-5. I haven't seen a US version so cannot comment on the differences.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's the difference? I think my US Weston was made in the UK -)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Weston Master V exposure meter

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    I remember that someone used to make a printed zone sticker to put on a Weston Master. I don't know if they ever made a meter with an original zone dial but it wouldn't surprise me. It would have been easy enough to do and Ansel was responsible for selling a _lot_ of Master meters.
    It is still possible to obtain the stick on Zone Dial as far as I know-- I bought one for the Pentax Spotmeter V from Calumet U.S. and I believe they produce one for the W.M. V exposure meter.

Kathab

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    What's the difference? I think my US Weston was made in the UK -)
    Dear Nick,

Quite honestly, I forget. But I've had two meters with the same number side by side -- V, I think, but it was 15-20 years ago -- and they're consmetically different and, if I recall aright, slightly functionally different too.

Cheers,

Roger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin