Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,864   Online: 1176

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bronica SQ-A questions

I got my SQ-A today and I have a couple of issues for the experts. When I first assembled the kit I had no problems with the dark slid but now it won't go in. It's as though there's some sort of lockout like a pin or something obstructing the gate. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Secondly, I got the grip but the two little nubs that rotate when you cock the lever are too short to engage with the mechanism on the camera body. Do I have some version that's for a different variant than the SQ-A or is something missing from the ends of the nubs that give them the reach they require?

I'm kinda stuck with these two issues. I have an SQ-A manual and it addresses neither of them.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to have straightened out the darl slide problem...not sure how...
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I have the right grip, but searching for pictures showed me that there is a whole piece missing on the one I got from KEH. So much for the KEH lovefest. BGN? With this piece missing, this isn't even useful enough to be UG. I'll be calling them in the morning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I seem to have straightened out the darl slide problem...not sure how...
    Probably had the darkslide upside down.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Probably had the darkslide upside down.
    No, that wasn't it...the slot's a little funky and it'll only go in if I put the bottom corner in first. Straight in or top corner first won't go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, with so many little problems I'd think about a CLA before too long to be sure nothing big and bad is waiting around the corner.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Hmm, with so many little problems I'd think about a CLA before too long to be sure nothing big and bad is waiting around the corner.

I agree.

I live in a wasteland but amazingly...there's a place to have that done about three minutes from my house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    No, that wasn't it...the slot's a little funky and it'll only go in if I put the bottom corner in first. Straight in or top corner first won't go.
    That's funny. If you have the dark slide the right way, it should go in straight or top corner first or bottom corner first without any problems. I know mine does.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope it's not the place on 24.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Hope it's not the place on 24.

Mike

It is. Have you had a bad experience, Mike? He recently serviced one of my LF lenses and I was happy with the work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin