Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,173   Online: 957

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Rolleis are figuring back into the photographic landscape. Last night outside a local resturant four people approached, three claimed rolleiflex ownership and one claimed he knew the owner of a rolleiflex. My 3.5 automat was mistaken for a Rolleicord! I had the Luck of running into Jay Maisel a couple of years ago at an airport, and went to a lecture he gave to a group of asmp photographers. His main thing is to always have a camera around your neck ready to go. Rolleiflex is a good solution to the ever ready camera. Recently the Xpan fell within my arsenal with the telephoto lens, I've been told that these are the latest rage, Mine eats batteries, so call me a square but I'll stick with yesterdays papers for a while, at least until I can find a reasonably priced 45mm lens for the xpan. I got a great price on the xpan, it is a dinged up user but,... the glass is astonishing,... Batteries are a drag. Why don't I Change the Batteries? Xpan too trendy? Maybe if I'd stop playing that guitar etc,...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've owned a 3.5 E Planar since Nixon was president and you would probably get one of my ULF cameras before you would get it. And with the exception of the new ones, that I have never used, I have shot with most of the lenses that were ever issued with these cameras. The 3.5 E Planar will be the last to leave the arsenal........It breaths.....and by that ,I mean, if I have to explain then most wouldn't understand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first Rolleiflex was a 3.5E, that Ken Hansen sold to me. I looked at all the other Rolleiflexes on the shelf behind him, and the Hasselblads, but Ken put the 3.5E on the counter and said, "No, young man, this is the camera for you." And I bought it. I've since bought and sold other rolleiflexes, and the Tele gets most of my time now, but I still reach for the 3.5E when I want to go out in the world with a camera, and I will never let it go. Many years later, I am grateful for Ken's push -- his kind has passed into history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    just recieved an automat 1 from ebay, lens was cloudy but cleaned up super easy, inside looks good. the wind crank seems to loosen up, accepts film, uncoated glass, I still want to clean the inside of the viewing glass. It's amazing to me that the shutter seems accurate from an eyeball examination. This thing is nearly 80. Seems that you can rescue these octanagenrians from their respective rest homes, where it seems in this case was just left to rot, and they spring back to life. Like a resurection plant.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    rollei automat 1, the lens has some issues. Probalbly a bit cloudy, contrat is weak, and tends to expose less in the center of the negative, all prints require #5 filter. But it is still great, I tried to upload an example to the gallery to no avail, will try again. Contrast on my xenotar and automat x tessar blows away the 1938 rollei, I have to try this camera with some new tri-x part of my contrast issues may be a refridgerated roll of hp5 I initially sent through the camera. Is it the coating or the lack of it the reason the negatives are so flat? When I cleaned off the scum, the camera can from florida, probably a swamp, the lenses cleaned up well, perhaps some foggy interior, but it still looks clear, like a diamond, however my other coated lenses are blueish.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by joel dallenbach View Post
    wonder if there are any good films which show rolleis in action, photographers using them etc,...
    reminds me that there was a picture of robert capa in "In love and war" tossing about 4 rolleis and a contax with him. That being said, I´m now waiting for my hopefully minty and recently CLA´ed 2,8C to arrive -_-.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin