Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,419   Online: 779

Thread: Yashica D/635?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yashica D/635?

A seller on fleaBay is offering what he terms a Yashica D which takes a 35mm adapter. There are some pictures along with the offer, none of which showing the D logoed camera with the externals of the 635. Having owned both, I have never heard of a D logo-ed camera which takes the 35 mm kit. Has anyone ever seen a Yash D. which takes the 35 adapter. I know, I know, the cameras are otherwise identical. Could it be a D with a caniballized back from a 635? Or is this just a real newbie on me?

Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    A seller on fleaBay is offering what he terms a Yashica D which takes a 35mm adapter. There are some pictures along with the offer, none of which showing the D logoed camera with the externals of the 635. Having owned both, I have never heard of a D logo-ed camera which takes the 35 mm kit. Has anyone ever seen a Yash D. which takes the 35 adapter. I know, I know, the cameras are otherwise identical. Could it be a D with a caniballized back from a 635? Or is this just a real newbie on me?

Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA
    Wouldn't do you no good. The 635 has built in wind capabilities for the 35mm that the "D" does not have. A 635 kit does not make a "D" into a 635. The lens/shutters seem to be the same between the two cameras.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I looked at it. I think someone took a front plate from a "D" and put it on a 635. That looks like a 635 camera body with those knobs.

Just my best guess.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin