Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,194   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Multi Format

First time with medium format

All I need now is a lens for my RZ 67 system! Yippeee! I'm on a budget. Can you recommend a first lens? I favor portrait photography but also like street, landscape, and archetecture. Which lens for a first lens? Can I use RB lenses?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The RZ system is a great, I love mine.

A good first lens that would cover both street/landscape and potrait photography would be the 110mm F/2.8 is great lens that is very sharp. Not great for head shots, but for torso length it would be very gooc.

You can use RB lenses as well, however some of the very early C lenses dont work correctly sometimes, without an adapter plate. Also you loose the electronic functions of the camera.

Hope it helps.

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 110mm is often the best budget choice.

Just browse KEH and see what they've got a good deal on at the moment in bargain grade.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    I favor portrait photography but also like street, landscape,
    and archetecture. Which lens for a first lens?
    I'd suggest other than RB lenses if not already owned.
    Go for the 90mm, an only little short normal. Make that
    portrait a second lens; 127mm to 180mm. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I found a 180 mm (for RB) at a good price on *bay and will get a 90, 127, or 180 (for RZ) from KEH. I can't wait. I now have everything except film. That is, once a few more parts arrive to my mailbox. Oh, I need a strap.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin