Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,460   Online: 1143

Shooter
    Multi Format

Super Ikonta IV: Lens hood and case info???

Hi there, just came across an affordable Super Ikonta IV but minus a matching camera case. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but this camera has no lugs for a shoulder strap, something I am used to as it's my preferred way of carrying a camera around with me.

So can someone tell me if any of the earlier Super Ikonta cases, or Moskva cases, fit the Super Ikonta IV?

Would anyone happen to have a spare Super Ikonta III or IV case lying around unused that they would be willing to offload? (I'm guessing the model III will fit the IV as it looks as though they are based on the same chassis so to speak)

Finally, lens hoods for the Super Ikonta. From what I have found out so far this camera accepts "A32" (32mm) push on type hoods. Hopefully I am right, please correct me if I am wrong! I imagine finding the correct Zeiss lens hood is not so easy but I have seen that Voigtlander also made a "A32" push on type lens hood. But does the Voigtlander hood fit properly on the Super Ikonta IV without interfering with any functions? Anyone have any experience of using this hood on the Super Ikonta IV?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a couple of Zeiss Ikons (not Super). One of them has it's original case, the other (which was basically scrap for spares) came in a similar but made in Engalnd case so I'm assuming it was for something else originally.

The internal dimensions are 3 5/8" x 1 3/4" x 6 1/2" (92mm x 45mm x 165mm) with the two ends rounded off.

If your camera fits, you can have it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Steve thanks for the very generous offer!

I've had to head off from home for a few days so I am unable to check those measurements. If you don't mind I will get back to you in a few days.

Thank you and speak soon!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin